PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
I bought this vintage estate pipe on eBay. Other than the number '130' and 'Italy" it's unmarked as to the manufacturer. I've been running searches trying to find out the maker without any luck. The only flaw I can find are a few small lines running along the pipes bowl where the stain did not penetrate the briar which is under the shellac or varnish. I'm sure this is the reason it was not stamped with the maker and ended up being a second basket pipe. Anyway, for $15.00 I think I came out ok with a nice quality 6 inch pipe. Maybe someone here might have seen one like it and can help out.
billiard21-600x452.jpg

billiard4-600x452.jpg

billiard6-600x452.jpg

billiard7-600x452.jpg

billard2-600x452.jpg

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
Not sure of it's origins durham270 but you have a nice pipe there. I really like the craggy rustication. I have a Nording that is nearly the same shape and rustication depth and it smokes like a dream. How does she smoke?

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
Thanks piperl12! I only have six months of pipe smoking experience but it smokes as well as my Sav's in comparison. I've been wondering if the pipe may have been made by Nording, Brebbia or Savinelli. I guess this pipe is the Canadian shape?

cajunguy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2012
Metairie, LA
A very nice mixed-finish pipe, and definitely a Canadian. Nice find and hope it serves you well.
Also, I own that same book... 8O

Status
Not open for further replies.