PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eightywon

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 4, 2014
After some inspiration from rsuninv's delightful blend Smokey Bastard, I have decided to try my hand at blending. None of the ingredients were repeated, the recipe was just used for type of tobacco: proportion. I believe Dan (woodsroad) had a hand in guiding Tim, so these 2 gentlemen get first dibs, if they dare to try it. I'll offer another sample to the 1st PM. To try to make it a little more fair let's say the first to PM after 6pm PDT (that's 9pm for those on the east coast). Hope the mods don't consider this too much of a contest, I just feel this may be a little more fair instead of luck of the draw, right time, right place (it's close to midnight/3a.m.). Samples will be sent out a month from now.

image63-600x450.jpg

Introducing My Mixture 81:

image64-600x450.jpg

captainbob

Oct 5, 2010
eightyone,
I am so pleased to see others delve into the "blending" challenge. This is so cool! I wish you the best of luck.
I began experimenting with tobacco blending at age 17. I am age 64. Eventually, all my efforts came to fruition with the late Craig Tarler of C&D in 2005. In short, I met with Craig to discuss my ideas of a light English aromatic. He asked me a lot of questions. At that time I did not realize that he was testing my knowledge of tobacco, so I just answered based on what I had learned over the years. Well, he said he was interested and would work with me on it. Two and a half years later, it was accomplished. I can't describe what I felt when (unknown to me) he had his Artist create the artwork for the tin. I had no idea that this would become one of his chosen tinned blends. That was never even my intention. I was given a choice of "royalties". I said, NO! This is my way of giving back to the pipe community. It was never my intention to profit from my hobby. And, so it is today. I pay the same price for my blend that you do and I am happy with that. I am forever grateful to C&D (Craig and Chris Tarler) for supporting my serious interest in creating a Blend of my own that I could never find! Thanks to Craig and Chris Tarler. This is so much fun.
I wish the same for all of you who are interested in "blending'. Learn all you can on your own. Smoke and study, tobacco as I did. Know what you are after and experiment. If you need help, send me a PM and I will always answer honestly and give you suggestions. Good luck in your blending. I want a sample.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

escioe

Oct 31, 2013
I've got to bust your balls a bit, Bob: someday I'm going to read a captainbob post that doesn't reference Capt Bob's Blend.
Didn't Dunhill make a My Mixture 81?

Status
Not open for further replies.