My McClelland Haul From The Good Old USA.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Despite the hullabaloo with a certain US tobacco retailer, my request of twelve McClelland blends was eventually corralled and sent out to me by a well known forum member. It took quite a while but I'm sure the wait will be worth it. As for how I came across this haul you just might find a clue in the little ditty below...
So To My Eternal Surprise

Today Tobacco Is My Prize

And So For This Who Do I Thank

No One But A Generous Yank
...on top of what is photographed below was loose packaged 2010 Classic Virginia, 2015 Virginia Perique Flake and 2035 Dark Navy Flake. The two Christmas Cheer tins are 2016 and 2017. Also included was a gift pouch of Irish Dew! As a side note, the Tawny Flake has a date stamp for 2006! Indeed, upon opening the tiny flakes were covered with tiny sparkling crystals....lovely stuff :puffy:
3x22-600x450.jpg

Thus far I have only sampled the Dark Star and Blackwoods Flake (which was quite delicious) and I'm about to try my first bowl of Christmas Cheer 2016.
My huge thanks to the gent that managed to gather this little collection together despite problems his end and post them out to this side of the pond :worship: ......and if you haven't worked out who he is read the ditty again!
Regards,
Jay.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

Nice! Those are some good ones.

oldreddog

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2014
Like the subliminal advertising :)
Irish dew is not a bad little smoke.
Red cake is on my got to Mctry list.

plugugly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 9, 2015
Hail to that unknown forum member! Spreading the taste of American freedom around the world!
Plugugly

Jun 27, 2016
I plan to do a Dark Star / 2035/ the black stuff in Red & Black comparo-smoke at some point. Looks like some good stuff that you have there. :puffy:

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
I'm looking at your selection ... they're all good! Nice score! :puffy:
(Kudos to the unmentioned forum member.)

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Michael, 5100 Red Cake I did look into but was put off as it's a ribbon cut blend and I prefer flakes. That said I will give it a try next time I place an order.
Other McClelland blends that I seem to have missed were McClelland Grand Orientals - Black Sea Sokhoum, McClelland St. James Woods (Personal Reserve), McClelland: 24 Matured Virginia and McClelland: 27 Matured Virginia.
All of those seem to be right up my street so are now on my to buy list :puffy:
I tried the Boston 1776 last night and was very impressed.
Regards,
Jay.

snoopy311

Can't Leave
Dec 21, 2016
Jay:
I would definitely look at the 5100 Red Cake. I bought 4 ounces and after smoking several bowls I promptly ordered another pound. I think you’ll enjoy all of the tobacco you were gifted.
Great gifting Stan, very thoughtful!

Status
Not open for further replies.