PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryanf

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 16, 2013
Hope this works. Posting pics on this site is such a royal pain that will probably be a long time before I try again...
Bought this pipe for $10 at an antique store. Unsmoked. 1970's Yello-Bole Centura complete with stinger, which I keep and use. Pipe smokes very, very well. But, I think it is also very ugly. I don't like the color, so I don't smoke in public- just at home and in my truck.

yellobole-600x338.jpg

This is my all-day every day beat the hell out of and still smokes dry every time pipe. I absolutely love this pipe. A few weeks ago, I couldn't get a roofing nail into the bowl, and definitely not much tobacco... Scraped it out and will probably need another ream soon!

peterson-600x338.jpg

This is my pipe that I smoked all day before I got the Peterson. I wish I could find another pipe that looks just like it, because I consider this to be the best looking. I love this pipe. But, it smokes wet, and needs to be repaired. Paid $20. Italian no-name briar. This pipe has been through hell, and never given up. But, I can't smoke to the bottom because of the wetness. As soon as I taste steam, I have to dump it. May try philt pads.

billiard-600x338.jpg

pchitti

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 26, 2013
Central Texas
The easiest pic posting method I have found:

Upload photos to google Picasa. In gmail click other and the drop down menu has photos. Will take you to your picasa account.

Share the photo to public.

Go to profile and copy image url.
Then just paste it into the the box when you click img.
Have you thought about staining the pipe a different color? I have a buddy that does it rather cheap compared to some of the prices I have seen.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Nice pipes. Hey, if you don't want the Yello-Bole, I have a spot on my rack for it ;) . That is quite the cake build up, why not keep the build up to a more manageable level?

bryanf

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 16, 2013
Thanks Roth. Now I know to search for a blasted lovat.
Pchitti, thanks for the tip. Maybe I'll give that a shot. Yes, my problem with the top pipe is the color. I hate it. I prefer stain, and it looks painted. I will one day get it refinished, and then I will like it more.
Last pipe is by far my favorite looks wise. 2nd pipe is the best smoke.
The reason I don't maintain my cake better is the bowls are too small once they get much cake for my reamer, and I need to get a proper pipe knife so I can just give a little scrape Each day or so. Using a pocket knife is difficult to do without thoroughly screwing the pooch.
I also was of the belief for a long time that cake is a badge of honor, and would only ream or scrape until the bowl was just about sealed off. You notice it when a pouch of tobacco starts lasting 2 weeks or more instead of 1, yet you smoke as often! One way to cut down...
I also have a savinelli sitter that is a beauty, a peterson 308 which isn't made anymore, and a cesare imperial beautiful bulldog that I smoked drunk one time and burnt nearly the entire outside of the bowl on the left. When I see the burn, I have no clue how the hell I did that, but at least it still smokes well.

Status
Not open for further replies.