PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dude

Might Stick Around
Aug 21, 2015
Minnesota,
Hey Guys,

I wanted to share this with you because it has really added to my smoking pleasure and it was pretty easy.
First, I live in Minnesota so I wanted to have a place I could smoke in the winter. I have tried sitting in the garage or outside, but it sucks in January and February (well, maybe it sucks from September to June).
So, I had a room in my basement that was suppose to be a play room, but it ended up being full of junk. We pulled out the carpet and put in laminate. Put in a bunch of Ikea bookshelves, and now this is my library/smoking room.
room2-600x450.jpg

room1-600x450.jpg

I have to say it looks better in person.
Of course the thing that is most important is the exhaust system. I Bought a couple of 10 inch fans off amazon and they work great.
room3-600x450.jpg

I just put them up, add that little piece of cardboard between them, and that is it. Really, you can't tell I have smoked my pipe. I haven't tried a cigar yet but I think they could handle it.
Anyway, this is where I post from most of the time.

fearsclave

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 9, 2014
Nice! I really should look into some sort of exhaust fan arrangement for mine...

Very cool, i am setting up a room too. The fans look like a great idea, but do they make noise? I had fans, different fans in my other house, but decided on setting up inline fans to keep it quiet in this new place. Maybe an idea for an upgrade. Unless noise isn't an issue for you. I got the idea from a local cigar shop in a nice mall here. They were using inline fans, where the motor is in the attic area with just vents and ducts to take the smoke away, and with a room full of men smoking cigars, you couldn't smell it and you couldn't hear any motors running.

Nice guitars! Looks like a great place to hang out.

jitterbugdude

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2014
Looks cool... and relaxing.

Are they Hardy Boy books on your bookshelf? the blue books?

Also you might consider building a little insulated box to hold your fans. I would imagine in the wintertime that cardboard is going to suck heat out of your house quicker than Penzance sells out.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Nice smoking room for sure. Where are the stores? Where are the pipes? Ash trays?

and...which do you prefer? Gibson or Fender?

carver

Mar 29, 2015
Belgium
Wow, it looks really nice. That's what most of us need. Where is the beer tap ? and the coffee machine ? and the tea set?

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Where is the beer tap ? and the coffee machine ? and the tea set?
And a chess set? What's the wi-fi password?
November, 2015. For the first time, an international pipe convention was held solely in the basement man lair of a forum member. Rumors are that he may have even been notified within 24 hours of the event.

elbert

Mar 10, 2015
The laminate's nice...but that rug really tied the room together, did it not?

redpanda

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 11, 2015
I think you also need a small short legged table to put all your stuff ( pipe,lighter,ashtray,tamper, glass or mug etc.) on, and have easy access to while you smoke. Unless you are not planning on smoking sitting on that table there, but what is the Lazyboy for then, right?

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Very cool!! I've always wanted to be wearing a smoking jacket and say "please, shall we retire to the library for a nightcap?"

elbert

Mar 10, 2015
@Dave :rofl:
And when we all show up to deathmetal's impromptu pipe convention;
"H-hey, this is a private residence, man!"

Status
Not open for further replies.