PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kf4bsb

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 23, 2013
Hello all,
A friend of mine wanted me to post to Facebook pics of a complete restoration so I decided why not. I scoured Ebay for a good candidate and found a no-name little pipe that I picked up for $0.99. Here it is as received it.

Those dark spots you see on the wood are not texture, it is dirt and grime. The stem was so clogged nothing would pass, I was like it was a solid tarry mass. This little thing was in pretty bad shape, but it had character so I went to work on it. Here are a couple of after shots.

Over all, I am happy with the way it turned out. It is now a nice clean useable pipe with tons of character. I am putting this one up for sale, think I will put it back on eBay just to see what happens. If you would like to see the complete album of the restoration you can see it at

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153413038633275.1073741829.540763274&type=1&l=2c1b40027a
Hope you like it,
Wes

rebuiltbriars.com

jeepnewbie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
Byron
www.facebook.com
For less than a buck and a bit of elbow grease she turned out to be a great looking pipe. Very nice restoration on that. Restoring pipes is just as much fun as making and smoking them. Keep up the great work!

kf4bsb

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 23, 2013
FYI, I decided to "gift" this pipe to someone here on the forums. Sound like he needs another pipe in his rotation and I remember what it was like to be in college.

geirove

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 10, 2014
That`s fantastic work and the generosity of a true gentleman. Good for you! Well done

Status
Not open for further replies.