PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
Since it's after 12 where I'm at, it's now monday. Well, tomorrow I am getting my wisdom teeth pulled. Which means no smoking for a few days. I have most of my day filled alread, but I plan to smoke at least three bowls if I can. Not looking forward to getting them out, but it has to happen, and I;ve got a few days off work.

rayje589

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2012
Wow. I remember my ex having hers pulled, she had only two and she was still out of it for a while. Just be careful of what you eat afterwords. I hear dry socket can be quite painful. ANyway, best of luck to you.

rotschefeller

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2012
Köln, Germany
I haven't had a pipe for one week today for the same reason (wisdom teeth removal). I hope yours goes better than mine. My bottom ones were growing horizontally under my gums so the surgeon had to pretty much mutilate my jaw to get them out. A week later and I can still barely eat solid food.
Think about that when you get yours pulled, no matter how unpleasant it is, "At least I am not that guy".

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Had all four of mine taken out when I was in the USMC. Didn't have a choice, they just took them. Let's just say military dentists don't have the best "bedside manner" and those butchers did me good.
Do be careful what you eat. Rayje is right about dry socket and food will get lodged in there and that is not only painful, but the worst bad breath you will ever have.
Good luck my friend, I am sure your pipes will miss you

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Sorry to hear it uber. I have yet to have mine pulled, but may do it this year. When and if the time comes, I may opt to have all four done at once too. I hope you'll let us know how recovery goes.
Good luck!

cajunguy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2012
Metairie, LA
Good luck, Ben. Be very wary of the dry socket, but the removals aren't that bad. Took my doc about twenty minutes once the anesthetic set. I had very little pain thereafter. Heal quick and get back to puffing!

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
Luckily mine aren't sideways, but they are almost entirely through the gums. I bite the my cheeks a lot because of them. They have to go eventually, might as well get it over with.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Ben:
Make sure your oral surgeon completely covers the post-op care. In the last six months both of my twins had all of their wisdom teeth removed. Sam developed three dry sockets and was in lousy shape for two weeks plus. Our Ben had a better surgeon and was eating solids within three days and carefully chewing red meat within five.
Good luck.
Fnord

trailspike48

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 15, 2013
Uber, you are probably post surgery, sitting at home by now, I hope all went well and the pain meds do their job. May you have a peaceful night. Good Luck.

undermidnight

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2012
Here is to a speedy recovery!!
Funny story when I got my wisdom teeth pulled. I was 19 and the doctor was telling me to count back to ten. I was trying to see how far I could count... 10... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
When I was coming out, I tried to ask the nurse out. She already had a boyfriend. Oh well...
Jason

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
I guess I don't feel too bad about my dentist appointment today now, just for a check up.
Hopefully you'll get some good pain killers. Then practice your slow smoking after you take them. Good luck and heal fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.