PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
As many of you know, I get quite a few hits from my Kijiji Add that runs constantly. Here is a reply I just recieved via it, only minutes ago. Now I am not sure what exactly a "Stanwell Year Pipe" is, so I guess I have to go now and do some reasearch.
Hi, just saw your ad. I have 10 or 12 lightly used pipes, six or seven Stanwell year pipes. These year pipes were rather expensive as I'm sure you know. I've given up smoking and wouldn't mind selling these pipes for a reasonable price. Just curious as to wether you'd be interested in them, i can email you photos direct if you are.

vinvin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 1, 2012
I assume those year pipes are kind of like the christmas dunhills. Every year a set amount of "pipe of the year" is released and so it's pricier because it's rarer... that's just my guess though haha

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
It doesn't hurt to ask for a price, if nothing else...
I agree, though, the Stanwells will probably be pretty expensive.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
Man you are always finding those estates! Hopefully you can get a good price. The guy seems like he knows a little about pipes so like Dave said they will probably cost a little more.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Thanks fisher..Also glad to hear things went well for you on your bi-op.Been through it and it wasn't fun.God Bless you and yours my friend!Dave

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
Hey NS Stanwell is still producing a pipe of the year each year. They have a silver plate with the year on them. Most of the pipes are not especially collectable but they seem to smoke well. I have a few, they are nice if you want to remember a special event from that year. I have a 2000 pipe of the year. It smokes well. The pipes retail in Canada for between $80-$100 bucks depending on the style and shape. Some years seem to be more popular than others. If he has a 1999 let me know I would be willing to buy it from you. Had a kid in 1999 and still haven't got a pipe of the year for that year.
Cheers Mate,
Piperl12

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Will do mate. At this time, I don't have any more info than the e-mail message I posted. I replied back to him, so hopefully by tomorrow night I will know a bit more, and have some pics as well.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Kijiji is in most cities across the country. I've never thought of placing an ad (a great idea BTW), but I check the local kijiji once in awhile. Type in 'pipe' and for the most part I get 40 hits for plumbing supplies,and maybe one or two pipes or racks. I've never bought anything, but again, placing an ad is a great idea...

Status
Not open for further replies.