PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilson34

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2017
I just wanted to post my starter pipe and tobacco collection. I am sure many of you will take a walk down memory lane when you look back and think about when you started in the hobby. I suppose in a year from now, I'll have many more pipes and cellared tobacco taking over my house
http://pipesmagazine.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/album/17096/pipes-600x337.png

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
It's a better beginning than I had. I don't call it a hobby though. It was what helped me stop cold turkey, 42 years of cigarettes.

wilson34

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2017
true-I stopped smoking cigs after 20 years thanks to the help of the pipe.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
It looks like you're off to a fine start! :clap:

Given the developing regulatory climate, I recommend that you focus on building your tobacco cellar.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
I'm with Stan, I don't regard pipesmoking as a hobby. Pipe collecting yes, but pipesmoking to me is something I just 'do', rather like eating, sleeping etc.
Good start you have there and I have no doubt your collection of both pipes and blends will multiply, especially now you're a member of this forum :puffy:
Regards,
Jay.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I'm with Jay on that.
It's a service to others when you embed an image rather than just link to it.
pipes.png

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
You're off to a fine start. I notice you're lacking a cob, though. Everyone should try at least one of those things.
I guess I'm a hobbyist in the sense that a gastronome is a hobbyist. You can eat only for sustenance, or you can explore. If I was just in it for mere smoking, I would have one pipe and stuff it full of Bugler all the time.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Wilson-
Yes, a fine looking start. And welcome to the forum!
These are ghosts that are more at home in a girdle-filled drawer than one of my pipes." Quote by Neil Archer Roan on lakeland ghosts
I pretty sure there are folks even here who aren't directly acquainted with a girdle! I'd almost forgotten.

wilson34

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2017
thanks everyoneI do have a cob, I just forgot to put in the picture. By the way I couldn't for the life of me post the picture and not the link? I read the instruction on posting a picture-but couldn't figure out how to post the picture in my post. Any help would be grateful

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Once your photos are on a photo hosting site (such as Imgur.com; Photobucket; Postimage; Dropbox, etc.), or on virtually any site, including this one, select the full image, then Control-click (Mac) or Right-click (Windows) on the image itself, then choose copy image location. Now paste that URL (the full web address, which should end in .jpg) into the IMG box in the reply window of the thread you're posting to.
Hope that is clear! If not, question away!

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Hobby or not, pipes heped me out of cigarettes after 30 years with em, been on and off with pipes during those years,but now its final, and today only occasional cigarette are smoked,must keep this number under strict control, maximum-4-5 per day

bonanzadriver

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2016
First of all...
Excellent Starter Kit !
I myself started with 1 pipe and one pouch of Borkum Riff (be carefull, the TAD & PAD virus's are very communicable.) 8)
As for the hosting sites, I've gone to imgur and it seems to be working fine. Photobucket SUCKS!

wilson34

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2017
thanks for compliments. I just received in the mail today a Mr Brog Lumberjack dwarf. I got a feeling it's gonna be a good pipe smoking night :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.