PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
image88-600x238.jpg
Before y'all start laughing at me, let me just say, I'm no woodworker! I'm a metalworker! Me and wood don't get along very well. Anyway, I needed a new pipe rack because I was out of room in my others. I couldn't afford to drop a couple hundred on a custom built one, so I decided to build my own. This is what me and my co-workers would refer to as a H.U.D.S. product. H.U.D.S. stands for Hammered Up Dog $#!+.

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
I like it!
How long did it take you to make? (Labor cost is what I am asking you to think about.)
You might make another and put it up for sale on this forum's Buy/Sell/Trade.
You might find a new way to offset your TAD purchases!

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Pete:
I think you did a fabulous job! If it were mine the only thing I'd do is add a coat of stain.
It's swell.
Fnord

rebornbriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 21, 2013
United Kingdom
It does exactly as you want it to do. Nothing wrong with that and fits well in the cabinet. What about staining it up in a similar colour to the bookcase? It would then look right at home there.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Thanks again guys! I probably will stain it at some point, maybe in the next few days.
@Zekest, I've got about $50 in it, but I don't think I'll make another one for quite some time. I was cussing this one every step of the way, lol!!

salewis

Can't Leave
Jan 27, 2011
The pipe rack looks great. I have never seen a rack that holds so many pipes. Great job!

Status
Not open for further replies.