PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
Been showing these around. Another member was considering buying a Savinelli 316. I looked it up and fell in love with the shape. To me, it looks like a hybrid between a pot and a prince.
Couldn't make up my mind about the finish, so ordered these two. I hope they smoke as good as they look.
The first is a Sav 316 Alligator. The second is the shame shape but in the Porto Cervo finish. This is the first time I bought two pipes in the same shape - well, excepting Freehand and General Missourie Meershaums. I have several of those in different finishes - some custom finishes.

buckaroo

Lifer
Sep 30, 2014
So. Cal.
I do it quite often. Savinelli 315 prince, 504 bdog, 623 bdog. If you find a shape you like why not have some variety.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
My collection is still relatively small but I have bought the same shape in different finishes. I plan to continue that theme with a couple of shapes that I really like. :puffy:
Nice pipes by the way and also a shape I wish to aquire along the wy. Enjoy.

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
Two nice Savinelli's, I'm sure they will be good smokers. Same shapes different finishes, yes esp. the older Sasieni "seconds"...11, 13, 19, 44, 56, 62, 55, 58, Canadian...

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My only two fraternal twins are Peterson bent brandy B11's, one in ebony Killarney smooth gloss finish, kind of a "dress pipe," and the other a Shannon with some grain. The other shape that I have come close to duplicating in some form is the Savenelli 404 Dublin/zulu/yacht. I have to say, I was right about the B11; they are sitters, light weight but with especially ample bowls, and to me truly handsome pipes. I bought them both while Peterson had almost zero quality control complaints. All my Petes have always come through for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.