My First Order Came In Today!....(but)...

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kathrano

Lurker
May 21, 2014
New York
I have my very first pipe in hand(a Savinelli Tevere)!Furthermore, I smell the wonderful fragrances of the tobacco I ordered with it. But...Mother Nature is delaying the great desire I have to begin my first experience in pipe smoking. I have been patiently waiting for my order to come in, daydreaming of my future enlightenments that I am sure to experience with my 'Sav'. Yet, as luck would have it, those moments are being postponed because of thunderstorms and rain.. UUGGHH! I have to smoke outside because my wife forbids it inside. I wouldn't anyway, seeing as how we have kiddos...
I do have to mention how AWESOME my wife is! She put up with my cigarette smoking for years. So when I told her that I had been researching tobacco pipes 'hobby', and was interested in trying it, imagine my surprise when she said that it was a neat idea! She saw that I was passionate about starting the hobby, and didn't give me the 'look', or anything. She really is amazing! I hope she enjoys the room notes of most of the tobaccos I try, and keeps encouraging me to pursue it..(I'm sure there will be new pairs of womens shoes frequently lying around the house from now on.. heh heh..)
In the meantime, I will read more of the great and educating posts that you all share...(wow this pipe is handsome!)

davidintexas

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 4, 2013
Congratulations kathrano. It is an exciting feeling to get that first pipe and tobacco. Too bad the weather is not cooperating but have patience. You will enjoy the experience a lot better, and it will probably smoke better if you wait till the weather passes. And it's great that your wife is supportive. That helps a lot with TAD and PAD purchases (Tobacco Acquisition Disorder) and (Pipe Acquisition Disorder). Sounds like she's a keeper :D

Jan 8, 2013
Curse the skies for ruining your day! No but seriously, you had a hell of an order, and I am sure you will be enjoying it soon. Glad to hear your wife is supportive. Mine is... tolerant.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Use the delay to revisit the descriptions of your tobaccos online, so you remember what the constituent tobaccos

are. Sometimes the tins spell it out, other times not. Take it slow and easy. It will be a good experience I hope.

marine33

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 11, 2014
I got mine today as well but I did not have to wait, my wife is also tolerant as well bhahahah . I had my 1st bowl of Boswell berry cobbler. WOW. Awesome. Hopeyour weather breaks soon please let us know how it was. This is the best fourm, so helpful and giving its truly unbelievable. Happy puffing

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
Hopefully the weather will clear soon and you'll get to enjoy all there is to as you pack and fire up that Savinelli. They make a fine pipe and you will have many a fine smoke with it I'm sure. Can't wait to hear your inaugural report.

rangerearthpig

Jan 5, 2014
Holy smokes! A Savinelli on your first order? You must be going nuts not being able to fire it up! Hope you get a weather window long enough to enjoy it soon. How about a pic or two in the meantime? Congrats!

martiniman

Apr 6, 2012
1St welcome aboard.

2nd- Pipe smoking is NOT cig smoking.

Both myself and my wife hate the smell of cig smoke.

Now, My wife likes it when i smoke in the house because it makes the house smell like a home. I smoke mostly aromatic. What was you first choice for tobacco?
P.S. you chose a great first pipe, Savinelli's are IMHO the best bang for the buck.
Cheers,

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.