PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jefflee01

Might Stick Around
Mar 25, 2015
Leesburg, GA
My first order is waiting for the trigger to be pulled on and I have to wait until the first to pull it. This is what I've got listed so far

1 tin of Lane's 125 anniversary

1 tin of Christmas cheer 2015

1 tin of gaslight

4 ounces of nightcap

1 tin of bow legged bear

1 tin of Escudo Navy Deluxe

1 tin of Drew Estate Gatsby luxury flake

1 tin of Pirate kake

1 tin of potlatch

1 tin of Firestorm

edwinbaz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 26, 2014
Houston
It's a great feeling when placing it, and a better feeling when it finally arrives. I believe we are witnessing a first outbreak of TAD. There is no cure for it and you'll continue exhibiting symptoms every couple of paycheques. Seems like a nice eclectic list. Hope you enjoy all or most tobaccos you ordered.

jefflee01

Might Stick Around
Mar 25, 2015
Leesburg, GA
Thanks. The Christmas cheer I'm going to wait until Christmas to open it so it'll have a little age on it. Most all of them I haven't tried yet but when it comes in I'll try each (1-2 bowls) and jar the rest and try to get my cellar started. I'm thinking around a pound a month keeping bulks for smoking throughout the month and the tins for aging.

jefflee01

Might Stick Around
Mar 25, 2015
Leesburg, GA
I can't wait either. As I'm looking at the order I'm thinking to myself I'm going to have some fun and get my cellar started. When it comes in I'll decide then what to try first that I haven't had yet. I know I'll be picking up some mason jars locally to store the bulk in and when I get my curio cabinet I'll use as my cellar.

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
Nice selection. My advice: open the Christmas Cheer right away and jar it until Christmas. Trust me on this one, McClellands do awesome when they "breathe" a little.

Mar 1, 2014
I approve of the Latakia content in this TAD shipment (as mentioned recently, shopping for tobacco is more addicting than tobacco itself, chances are you're already hooked).

jaydublin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 11, 2015
I have smoked three of the tobaccos in your order: Night Cap, Escudo, and Christmas Cheer 2015. I can vouch for them, anyway - your are going to love them!! Online tracking says my latest order from SmokingPipes is "Out for Delivery" today:
G.L. Pease Cumberland

G.L. Pease Westminster

H&H BlackHouse

C&D Haunted Bookshop
Should make for a very nice Friday evening. Now I will have to decide which to try first.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
Good lineup. I would suggest that you get in the habit of using a Sharpie to record the date purchased on the bottom of the tins, as soon as you receive them. Unpack them and mark them. Otherwise, a year or two down line, you may find that you have dozens of tins and not know how much age is on them. I just spent about 8 hours trying to reconstruct when I bought the tins that have been sitting in my basement for the last year or two.

I use Pipe Tool app on my iPhone to inventory my cellar, and it started just like this. There is another app that was developed by a member here. I cannot recall the name, but the sooner you get started listing your tobaccos for yourself, the easier it will be to track it.
I started with a similar order, stored them in a Styrofoam cooler, which then led to a cabinet, and now I am having a room designed with built-in wall storage. One step at a time. But, it's fun. And, it's definitely cheaper than collecting wine, firearms. or any number of various hobbies.
Enjoy!!

stickframer

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2015
+1 for sharpies and some type of tracking app. Tobaccocellar.com works well, too. As has been said, the sooner the better. Enjoy your order!

jefflee01

Might Stick Around
Mar 25, 2015
Leesburg, GA
Thanks for the advice and right now until I get the curio cabinet I'm probably going to use the box for storage. And as far as dating the tins I'm thinking about using either masking tape and a sharpie or putting them in bags and writing the date on the bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.