PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
Congrats! The break in can be a bit of a bear with morta ime, but I find DFK heavy blends seem to do well in the early days.

hextor

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 20, 2015
that's a beautie!!! i heard morta smokes cool, is that true?

alexnc

Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
Only one smoke so far, and it smoked well, cool & dry. Will try it again with DFK tonight or tomorrow morning. I heard they did not need break in? I guess a heavy DFK might be something more like Irish Flake or Sterling flake? Which I love anyway! Thx

alexnc

Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
Yes - in their eBay store. They're great to work with, will customize to fit a filter, I bet they would do custom work but did not ask

hmhaines

Sep 5, 2016
CT
Absolutely gorgeous. I was just wondering if anyone made polished Morta pipes.

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
That's a beauty. Have been eye balling one on ebay also. Unsmoked an made by ejames. Congrats!

alexnorth

Apr 7, 2015
Beautiful pipe and that pic with the fireplace is great! Makes me want to pack a bowl right this instant!

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
I heard they did not need break in? I guess a heavy DFK might be something more like Irish Flake or Sterling flake? Which I love anyway! Thx

Ever notice people say a lot of conflicting things about pipes? Here a little more: I treat morta like briar and do let it cake, which I find helps enormously in combating the swamp like taste that affects many morta blocks. That taste is part of the reason I find morta seems to do so well with DFK. One point of morta dogma I do agree with is that you can smoke that pipe all day without too much trouble.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Marco makes great pipes. Have one of his magnums myself. At one point he did do commission work, but unsure about now. Could always contact him to find out, he is a great gentleman to deal with.

mackeson

Mar 29, 2016
Neat shape and great grain! I hope it brings you many years of enjoyment

Status
Not open for further replies.