PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
Feeling a bit under the weather today so I decided to take the day off. I logged on around 6am but the forum was undergoing a spam attack so I decided I would log on later.
Well here I am as I type sitting in my deck feels like 19 degrees Celsius warm sun warm coffee and a warm bowl of LBF.
Feels amazing morning smokes are now my favorite just need to make time for them that's the hard part.

homeatsea

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 6, 2013
I've gotten into the habit (as of Monday) of waking up an extra hour early with a bowl of Trout Stream packed the night before in a cob and making coffee to go sit out and enjoy the sunrise. It's quite a pleasant start to the day.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Feels amazing morning smokes are now my favorite just need to make time for them that's the hard part.
+1
When I first heard folks here praising the coffee/pipe combo, I wasn't too interested. However, so many said it was such a perfect combination that I decided to try it and they were right.
Now I find myself looking forward to getting up extra early to sit with a cup of joe and a pipe before work (and I am not a morning person by any stretch of the imagination). Makes getting out of bed a little easier! :puffy:

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
FYI this is toasted LBF prepared by Cavendish and I have to give him mad credit it tastes amazing I tried this fresh a while back and I didn't take it well but after cavendish toasted it. It's a whole new smoke and I love it.
I'm ordering more once 4noggins get stock and calling him up for instructions.
Toasted LBF is heaven.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
I am the same way. Coffee and a pipe of St. James Flake as I clear the cobwebs from my head. Can't think of a better way to start the day.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
I'm not normally one for flavoured coffees, but I just finished a cup of Maple flavoured coffee, and couldn't help bu think that it would be the perfect compliment to a delicious VaBur. The maple note is mostly aromatic, with the medium roasted Guatemalan coffee driving the flavour in the cup, where maple becomes the accent. Now if only I could puff at my desk...
-- Pat

dcrguns

Aug 19, 2013
Ruidoso, NM
Hey Smokey, post the instructions for toasting the LBF when you get them. I would be interested in trying it.
I also smoke a pipe and drink coffee almost every day. IMHO it is the best combo.

Jan 8, 2013
You can toast already prepared tobacco blends? 8O
I swear I learn something new every day here.
Back to the topic at hand. There is nothing better, in my opinion than a good hot cup o joe and pipe. Whether it's early morning, mid day, or late at night, I love it.

tamer291

Can't Leave
Jun 26, 2013
I love a good cup of coffee with a pipe in the morning. Nothing is better.

I too am feeling sick. I tried to smoke two different bowls and both tasted horrible to me. I was so disappointed. :(

I'll wait till Im feeling better to light up again.

flyguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2012
I normally don't like dark roasted coffee. However, I have discovered that the darker roasts pair better with pipe tobacco. Have any of you discovered this also?

salewis

Can't Leave
Jan 27, 2011
Peet's Major Dickasons coffee and McClelland's St. James Flake, on the patio, is a great way to begin the day.

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
Ahhh now I get the picture lol. I was walking out of the bush this morning looking at my phone for msgs and see a nice txt about this. I toasted it and I still hadn't tried it. Until about an hour ago :twisted:
I see why you like it so much smokey! It's pretty damn good! I'll post the process on here but I don't have any pics to go along with it. I toasted some LTF along with it and I smoked 4oz in about 2wks it was so good. I don't know why I waited so long to try the toasted LBF.

wingsfan

Lurker
Jun 29, 2013
I tried this for the first time at the beginning if summer when my uncle sent me some EMP, I figured it says "Morning". I've been hooked ever since I look forward to the days that I am able to do it. Lately it's been CH and my cup of coffee.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
I really enjoy a morning cigar or a morning pipe with a nice cup of coffee. Between my days off and a partial swing shift at work, I have the opportunity to enjoy a nice morning smoke 5 days a week if I so choose. Personally I enjoy a morning smoke over a late night one. The morning smokes help me to relax and get going for the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.