PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
if she smokes as good as she looks...
i need to look into meerschaum a bit closer.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
The Prince shape on it's own is an elegant form, the lattice work and silver banding contrasting with the Cumberland Stem is fabulous, Mr. Baki did this Prince proud, enjoy.

Dec 24, 2012
Monty, I think that pipe looks really neat and it is a Baki, so you can't go wrong. The silver accent really sets it off. The one thing I have always wondered about those lattice meets is how they colour - I assume the "bridges" in the lattice colour more slowly than the rest of the bowl, but I have no idea.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Exquisite. I don't own a meerschaum, yet, but I think it will have to be a Baki -- have heard great things about the draw on his pipes compared to many other meerschaums. Truly a lovely pipe -- well done.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Congrats...I don’t believe you can get a better meer than a Baki. Enjoy every puff.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I have to be honest ... I've never even considered getting a meer before seeing this one!
I assume the "bridges" in the lattice colour more slowly ...
I'm wondering if they might not act as radiator "fins" and help with cooling as well.

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
Thanks guys. I smoked two bowls out of it today and it was fabulous. It's amazing how you can taste the tobacco better without the briar. But then some of my briars taste great too! This is a treat tho.. :puffy:

antbauers

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
Nice meer! I love the design and the deep carving. Being an apple/prince shape makes it even better! And not to mention, but its a Baki.

moriarty

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 3, 2012
That's a very nice meerschaum. Baki pipes generally have better stems and overall fit and finish compared to most meerschaums. To Peck's question, the shank and the "bridges" around the bowl will normally colour first - the furthest parts from the tobacco chamber colour quickest. Don't know quite why but that is the way with meerschaum and one of the attractions of this type of carving is having the colouring on the latticework with the bowl inside remaining paler. It is the opposite of what you would think.

Status
Not open for further replies.