PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmclark

Lurker
Mar 15, 2014
Majority of people everywhere know (or have seen) a churchwarden style pipe. Usually in fantasy films being smoked by a wizard or something of the like. I've always thought they were neat and always kind of wanted one. Wasn't until I started piping and learned about pipes that I finally received one. For early bday gift I was given the three wise man gift bundle set and in it came the Big Ben Elegant 528 Nature. (Also received an unfinished Savinelli diplomat and some kind of Stanwell brushed straight pipe with a saddle stem. Pretty much my nicest pipes thus far) I wasn't sure what I was like smoking a longer pipe but I really enjoyed it. I just finished a smoke and now im here. It was a cool smooth dry smoke that I could easily lay back relaxed and lazy and smoke for and hour, especially with the comfortable vulcanite stem I like those. It gets a bit hot but I still need to build smoke cake on it. Its not a pipe I would take on the go out and about but its perfect for home. Also i'll need longer cleaners for ease of cleaning. I already know I will obtain one or two more of these pipe types.
Any views/smokers of these pipes?

hawke

Lifer
Feb 1, 2014
Augusta, Ga
Congrats and Welcome to our merry band. If we were in a bus, you could follow the smoke bellowing out the windows.

gogosamgo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2015
I've wanted a churchwarden since I started smoking a pipe nearly a year ago. Unfortunately other pipes have gotten in the way of me obtaining one, but hopefully in a month or two I can finally join the club ;)

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Go all out, and get one of Vauen's Auenland series churchwardens. I have three different models and love them. They have birch stems with round acrylic bits, and smoke great!

cynicismandsugar

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 17, 2015
Springfield, Mo
Welcome to the forums!
I agree with Aggravatedfarmer, the Wizard from the MM Cobbit line makes me feel rather regal. ... in that Middle Earth backwoods kind of way.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
As you see from my avatar, I have a Savinelli 601 no-filter churchwarden. Not in the avatar is a Big Ben straight Dublin churchwarden and a EWA small-bowl shorter (7 inch) churchwarden. I find them a great variation on pipe shapes in general.

cmclark

Lurker
Mar 15, 2014
Jeffrey and Aggravatedfarmer
Yes I noticed the Cobbit line the other week when I bought my first MM its a Huck finn and I like. So next pay day I was going to do a little cob shopping spree to add to the collection. Im thinking the Wizard, Country Gent and bag of seconds, great bang for your buck $$$ :mrgreen:

carbonmated

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 5, 2015
http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/Big-Ben/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=188712
This Churchwarden has caught my eye recently. I may order it when I get my Christmas bonus :puffpipe:

Status
Not open for further replies.