PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
My project for July 4th was a Canadian- turned out pretty nice...6.5" and 41 grams...
jv3sy1.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Beautifully shaped and balanced, but the crowning glory is the sandblast finish: exalted!

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Zack:
I love Canadians and I'm slack jawed gobsmacked by this pipe.
The shape, the blast, the coloring.
It's all there.
Fnord

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Thanks guys!

Michael, that stem is honey & black from SEM in Germany. They have some great colors...

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
The heavens don't pay much attention to such matters, but pipe collectors do-that diamond-shaped shank? (can't tell from the picture how many facets the shank indeed has) boots the pipe out of the Canadian/Lumberman/Lovat/Liverpool family as all of these shanks are either oval or round; the Canadian is oval.
http://pipedia.org/wiki/Canadian

jfox520

Part of the Furniture Now
May 24, 2013
That is an amazing Canadian. I love the grain, the blast, and the stem. You do some great work. I have been waiting to see this shape from you. Canadians are my favorite shape. I started putting together a seven day set and can't stop.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Zack, amazing work as always. Expect a PM from Pruss shortly if he sees the picture of that one!

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
@4nogginsmike - Mike, you're correct in that it would be considered a Canadian Variant- the shank is actually an oval coming down to the two lines on either side-
Saw a very interesting Canadian shape by Michael Lindner that is currently on Smoking Pipes where he used a true diamond shank...

Status
Not open for further replies.