PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Despite the fact that it's August, when I saw this marvelously rusticated and stained Christmas 2014 Peterson Brandy, I couldn't resist. I had a double rationale for this PAD purchase: I've never had a brandy, and it was made by Peterson, for whom I remain a diehard fan. (I also put the accompanying billiard on layaway.) Now, having discovered how well brandies smoke, and its great heft in the hand, I'm I'm the hunt for others. When with this end? Wah!

002-029-21704.jpg

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
That is a nice pipe, and I was looking hard at one exactly like it. I am a big Peterson fan as well, and have over a dozen Petes. My favorite brandy shaped pipe, however, is a Neerup Basic Brandy, which is light for its size and handles VaPer's wonderfully.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
If briars are your thing then it is a very nice pipe. Out of curiosity how long is the pipe since some of the more chunkier ones always struck me as having the potential if clenched to pull your front teeth out!

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
The pipe is a little under 5 1/2 inches long, surprisingly light, no problem at all for clenching. It's really turned me on to brandies. I just picked up a Halloween Peterson brandy; with the Vampire's Wand, I have a nice trilogy of thematic pipes.

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
brandies and billiards seem to be my favorite shapes anymore.
good looking pipe, sir.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Brandy is a great shape. I have two Peterson B11 brandies, a Shannon and a Killarney -- both really nice smokers,

and sitters as well. I love the Peterson Christmas series, a real winner. No plans to buy one, but one never knows.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Don't torture yourself, mso: like the song goes, give in! And rigametic, love the rustic quality of your pipe. It looks like it spent some time under the earth and was refurbished. Novel. These brandies are really something. Everytime I think I've exhausted the possibilities, something like this brandy comes up. I'l about to build a pipe cabinet, but I'm confused as to how many pipes the cabinet should be able to hold. Forty, fifty?

Status
Not open for further replies.