PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2012
I purchased my first Barling today from Alan at Reborn Briar
The Billiard pipe is dated to 1929 and, I understand, is on the larger end of the spectrum.
Alan is a fantastic guy to deal with and does first rate work.
Special thanks go to Jesse (sablebrush) for his wise counsel in making my decision to purchase this one.
Further, if I don't like my Barling, Jesse has also agreed to indemnify and hold me harmless for any monetary and emotional damages that flow from his role in my decision.

sidious

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 30, 2014
And if rsuninv runs out of room in his pipe rack, I'll gladly help out. That is a beautiful pipe!

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
It absolutely brings tears to my eyes.... Umm only because of all the...... Hahaaaaa Who am I gonna fool. I swear, what a beautiful pipe.... Enjoy!

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Peck,
It is a seriously handsome pipe, and it's been given a top quality restoration. It deserves better than you.
Seriously though, I hope that it's magic for you, especially as I'm fairly well done collecting. Between you and the overseas collectors I'll be priced out of the market.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Alan definitely does some excellent restoration work, a fine choice. I'm betting indemnification won't be necessary but I'm curious as to how you will describe the smoking experience (those rounder, pre-WWII buttons don't always work for me).

Dec 24, 2012
Jesse warned me about the button and there is a carve-out in the indemnity to cover displeasure owing to that

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
Congratulations on your Barling, it's a beauty. They are terrific smokers, of course, but also artifacts of another time and place. For me, at least, that's a measurable part of the fun.
As for your indemnification, I hold a similar guarantee from Jesse. Mine looks like an illuminated manuscript by the Limbourg brothers. Quite beautiful, really, but almost impossible to read. When I looked at it more closely, however, I saw that the indemnification is supplied by a Cayman's entity, with neither assets nor a physical address. Governing law is North Korean, and jurisdiction for disputes is held by Russian courts. It may interest you to know that Jesse plays Parcheesi with Putin twice a month. And in order for coverage to apply you must have purchased the pipe from a one-armed Lett with a squint on a rainy Tuesday in Arica, Chile.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Actually, Vladimir (Vladybaby to his friends) has cancelled the last couple of games. Something about annexing something or another. It's okay though, because lately he insists on playing shirtless, which isn't really a good look at his age. All those pictures of him have been Photoshopped using a body double, trust me. His man boobs are bigger than Dolly Parton's
Peck, that indemnity isn't worth the pixels it was printed on and is enforceable only for 5 nanoseconds during the Klexys solstice on Triton. It's surprising that an experienced ambulance chaser like you doesn't own a proper magnifying glass to read that fine print.
But that Barling is the real deal.

May 31, 2012
Truly outstanding, congrats!
It's a good looker for sure.
One of my absolute favorite pipes came from Alan, a patent Parker.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
Peck, that is one classy Billiard and I hope it smokes as good as it looks. It almost appears that you'd have to dress properly before packing and smoking that Barling.

joeray

Might Stick Around
Mar 17, 2014
Indonesia
That is beautiful, i will put Barling on my PAD list since i got a BBS and it smokes great and made me really love it.

neverbend

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2014
Hi Peck,
Lovely pipe with nice symmetrical walls that isn't so common at it's age.
Are the rumors true that Vlad annexed Crimea based on rumors that four Family Era Barlings were found in Sevastopol?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Wow. When you smoke that Barling, you may be able to hear radio broadcasts from the 1920's on

the fillings in your teeth.

Status
Not open for further replies.