PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
Being pretty new to pipes I have a question for you all. I just won this pipe on eBay and was wondering if I did OK. Normally I do not like to mention a price when it comes to pipes, but for this one I have to ask. I was surprised at not many bidding but I won the pipe for 32.00. Did I over pay? Any thoughts on this? Age and real value? What does the x105 mean?
The description read: Used Peterson x105 pipe in good condition. Typical light scratches but looks great. The bowl rim has been altered to a crisp natural finish.
petersondublin-1-600x259.jpg

petersondublin2-2-600x369.jpg

petersonpipe3-3-600x450.jpg

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
The rim won't affect anything at all, but that's the USA Around the World pipe with (i thinnk) the Empire State Building on it. Pretty cool. If it's otherwise in good shape, you didn't overpay at all (imho).

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
Thanks pitchfork for the info. I see that now. Went and checked them out at PipesandCigars. Normally sale for about $90.00 or less! I am a happy camper with this purchase!

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
Thanks seanlamb. I have to say my heart was racing wondering if anyone was going to outbid me during that last 5 seconds.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
That's an excellent price, you did great durham! Nice looking Peterson.
The issue with bowl rim raises some questions. My guess is that it was either chipped or the rim was charred - and so they decided to sand it down. Not something I would do, but it shouldn't affect the quality of smoke.
When you receive it, just be sure to look it over carefully, making sure there are no cracks, or serious damage.

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
Thanks sumbersix, I will. After looking over the 'Around The World' series I have to comment the pipes seem like a replay of older shapes from Peterson. I would think it more interesting and distinctive if a new shape would have been made which might represent each country more. As in maybe a poker shape for America, a Cavalier for Germany, etc.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Nice! Classic Peterson Billiard shape and a steal for what you paid. I just bought a X105. Smokes great.

Status
Not open for further replies.