PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
My daughter recently began working for a big world-wide chemical distributor. Among the items they carry are flavorings and sauces. She made a cold-call to Mike McNeil of McCleland and for those who know Mike, he can be a bit of a character and not always easy to speak with. Katie felt the conversation was not going well until she mentioned that her Dad (me) smoked a pipe and probably knew about McClelands blends. After that they had a 20 minute conversation and she's sending Mike some info on her products.

She called me immediately after the call because she was so pleased about how things turned round. She may have done a bit of innocent flirting with him too (her words).

It just goes to show you that it pays to know a pipe smoker.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Neat story.

But the really interesting part is yet to come, when we find out what she sells to the tobacco blenders!

crazypipe

Lifer
Sep 23, 2012
I have met Mike and his wife Nancy many times at the CORPS pipe show, always found them both to me very nice. :puffy:

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
Mike and Mary McNeil are cornerstones in our hobby. Speaking with Mike is always an entertaining moment, he's a blast. And if your daughter's voice is as sweet as she looks I can see why she is in sales. :D

jkenp

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 5, 2013
NW Indiana
Lovely cherry cabinetry. That is what you were showing off isn't it? ;)
I pity poor fathers with lovely, lovely daughters. I read recently that young males think about sex every 15 seconds. I mentioned that to one who responded, "Can't be true. What would I do the other 14?"

Status
Not open for further replies.