PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

organizedmadman

Can't Leave
Nov 8, 2011
Louisville, Ky
Since I picked up the pipe this past October, I've collected quite a few. None a particularly fancy or expensive, but I guess it's a good start so far! :puffpipe:

100_0368.jpg

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
Nice. You caught the bug similarly to myself.
You have more pipes than I have though! And some interesting ones, too.
Which is your favorite Middle earth blend?

juvat270

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2011
Very nice! How do you like that Hobbit's Weed? I was just in Tweksbury the other day picking up some more for the cellar. One of the best cherry blends I've ever tasted.

wildcat

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2012
Awesome! I too have gotten a case of PAD since starting and must post pics soon! Please tell us about that pipe on bottom left. Would also love to hear who made what on the others. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy!!

organizedmadman

Can't Leave
Nov 8, 2011
Louisville, Ky
Missing from the pic is my Doc Grabow Omega that always rides in my coat pocket, my Gouda clay that's on it's way, and a spectacular cob that forum member thesmokindragon is crafting for me. So far I've only tried two of the Middle Earth Series, Longbottom & Ruins, (I'm pacing myself). Ruins of Isengard is amazing, there's something mysterious about that blend, keeps you coming back for more.

I was confused by Hobbit's Weed, I want to like it, but it had such a strong chemical/cherry aroma that it burned my nose and hung in my throat for hours. The gentleman I ordered it from said they had mixed a fresh batch that morning. I'm hoping it was just really really fresh and needs to sit awhile to mellow out!

Most of the pipes are estate pipes from unknown origins, a lot were given to me by my future Father-in-Law, some are basket pipes, and I'm guessing they have to be at least 30 years old.

As for the pipe on the bottom left, the zeppilen, I haven't smoked it yet, but when I do, I'm going to post a detailed review. I'm curious how old it is, maybe 1920's?

The one in the upper left is a WWII era LHS, the one with the ivory colored extension is a '70s Gefapip. Of course the churchwarden is a Macqueen Ranger. All the rest are a mystery to me.

organizedmadman

Can't Leave
Nov 8, 2011
Louisville, Ky
Some of the older ones had badly oxidized stems, it took a lot of soaking/buffing/polishing to get them shiny and dark again!

The little guy in the upper right was my very first pipe, it's a 60's briar, very small, and stamped "Haiti" under the stem. I used heat-shrink tubing as a softie tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.