PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

spud

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 10, 2013
I have this Mr. Brog pipe, it's shape is what I would call a bent author. I bought it new. It smokes just as well as any pipe I have ever smoked. That includes a high dollar Savineli. I'm smoking Granger in it at this time. The problem I am having with it is that seems like it is taking forever to break in. Have any of you had this problem with Mr. Brog's also? How many bowls full does it take to get thru this problem?

dryseason91

Can't Leave
Oct 10, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
I have a briar Mr Brog that I liked at first, but now I'm not so sure. It's quite heavily varnished and traps a lot of heat. Still, for such a cheap price it's a nice-looking pipe and a decent smoker overall. I'd like to pick up one of the pearwoods at some point to see how they compare.

pipejunky

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 16, 2014
what is your idea of a break in.Cake,or just the taste.I have a #48 Chochla and although i have maybe 25 smokes through it there is minimum cake built up and have smoked nothing but 5100 red cake in it. The taste of pear wood wasn't that noticeable to me and for sure is not there now. It should be interesting seeing what the pipe does in a couple months. But i like it! I pack the pipe tight and it still draws with ease.

Status
Not open for further replies.