PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
My first Mr Brog, an Old Army 21, came the other day. I finally had a chance to get my first smoke out of it this afternoon. The taste of the pear wood on this initial smoke isn't too harsh but I'd there, as one would expect. The wind cap is mis nailed on one side, with the nail protruding into the bowl. But the drilling seems pretty good. I think fixing the wind cap will be simple. My first impression of the pipe is a good one overall. It's smaller than I thought it would be but should serve the purpose of a quick smoke when I'm outside for whatever reason/time so I expect it'll be just what I wanted.

photo-16.jpg

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Good looking pipe, Greg, but I'd give Mr. Brog every opportunity to make that wind cap right. The only thing a guy should have to do to a new pipe is break it in.

hurkman

Lurker
Nov 25, 2012
I saw one of these on ebay a couple of days ago. I was a little weary about it because of how cheap it was going for. but I guess it wouldnt be too bad for a windy camping trip

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
Fnord, I got it so cheap, $15 incl shipping, that I'm not going to fuss. I wanted to try one out and see how they are and this have me that chance. I didn't even tell him about the flaw, just have him good feedback.
Hurkman, I got it for short outside smokes, figuring it would be hard to go wrong for the price. I'd probably buy another one in the future but will have to wait and see how this one does. That and the fact the wife isn't too happy with my recent TAD & PAD purchases, so it'll be a while before this old guy can add anything to the arsenal or cellar. :crying:

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Greg:
The responses I've read so far on this board have been a collective thumbs up on Mr. Brog. And. Lord knows, the price was certainly right.
Fnord

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
It is a little small, smaller than I expected, but it'll work I reckon. It's already starting, after two bowls, to form a bit if cake. Upon a friends advice, I'm smoking VAs in it to break it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.