PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
Thanks for posting acworthal... I am curious to hear commentary from the BrotherSisterHood about Brogs!

downinit

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 18, 2016
Unfortunately with 2 out of 3 of my Mr brog $25 pipes I have experienced broken stems. They are only 3 months old but the stems are cheap plastic not acrylic. At least Mr brog replaced the stems for free.

nukesimi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 25, 2016
I'm curious about their pear wood and cherrywood pipes, but I can't get behind the looks. I find them hideous.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I've read mixed reviews. Some burnouts and poor smokers, some other completely happy customers. Brog does some briar pipes. I find the web site nervous and annoying. The visuals don't hold still and let you shop. I think there are a number of other pipes at the price that are better values, but again, some are really satisfied with these.

addamsruspipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 4, 2016
Albuquerque, NM
I've got a Mr Brog green poker in briar that smokes great no issues. So I have ordered one of their pear pipes to try. Figure for the price point I will give it a try and since the first pipe works great it's worth a shot. It just came in today, so will let you all know how it works out as soon as I get a couple of chances to try smoking it.

Brogs must be doing something right, as they seem to be growing more and more popular. But, I would only want to use briar, because of the aroma it adds to the smoking experience. And, I am even picky about the briar, as not all briar adds a pleasant aroma. I haven't had pear wood, but I have tried a walnut pipe, and olive wood pipe, and a cherrywood. Not a fan of any of these. However, I do really enjoy the strawberry wood briar, as it seems to add no extra flavors at all.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
add $ 10 more and check out some Ebay Italy theres plenty offerings for those savinelli unfinished grezza pipes,I find them being pretty satisfactory, though these ain't flawless on them final finishes, fillings and other unperfection are obvious, but offers you a nice cool ,unexpectedly dry smoke,

Status
Not open for further replies.