New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it's No Shave November, how many of your gentlemen are growing out their beard or have been sporting it for a long time. Kindly share us your picture along with your current pipe/smoke.
Here is mine. Smoking Nat Sherman 510 Spuyten Dyuvil in a John Aylesbury Prince 406 by Peterson.
tumblr_ogukhd2jZY1thlb50o1_500.jpg

Cheers,

Chris

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"So it's No Shave November,..."
First I heard of it...is it an American thing and does it only apply to blokes?
As it happens I have been meaning to lose my chin whiskers (keeping the upper lip growth) for quite some while so best I get a snap taken afore I do :?
Regards,
Jay.

yaddy306

Lifer
Aug 7, 2013
Regina, Canada
Jay, it is not an American thing.

It started in Australia over a decade ago.
Apparently, your own Royal Mail has been supporting Movember since 2012, creating a special postmark with a moustache. And the National Trust put a moustache on the Cerne Abbas Giant in Dorset. Isn't that like only 150 miles from where you live?

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Now you mention it Yaddy yes, I do recall reading about it and I remember seeing pictures of the Cerne Abbas Giant. Thanks for the memory prod.
A little further than 150 miles I would say but only out by a whisker :rofl:
Movember
Regards,
Jay.

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
I have had a beard for 17 years. It has been 20 years since I have shaved my whole face. I don't really take note of Movember. However, I just finished a bowl of Massacra from deathmetal. Great stuff right there. I put it through an old Barling billiard shape that I usually reserve for Burley based blends. It did pretty well, but I'll need another bowl or two before I have much more to say about that.

akfilm

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2016
haven't shaved in 10 years. I do trim, so not a full 10 years growth. This was a week ago, but my go to favorite pipe right now is my Nording Signature, and currently smoking Midnight Rider or Vintage Syrian

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
Happy movember

This is me yesterday with a bowl of G&H Dark Rum

Plug in my recently aquired GBD Fantasy Bulldog

I have had a beard for about 40 years with only one time shaving it off,trim only

Sep 18, 2015
http://pipesmagazine.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/album/14006/image1-600x450.jpg

First time I've let the full beard grow.

Still don't know why my pic's post sideways or upside down.

fearsclave

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 9, 2014
I've been wearing a beard since deer season 2008. Took a couple weeks off to hunt, didn't shave, decided I liked it and kept it. Nightcap in a Blatter & Blatter bent Billiard.
image11-450x600.jpg

fearsclave

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 9, 2014
@Pagan: the levergun over the fireplace is a nice touch. Henry? I used to think levers were an anachronism until I picked up a Marlin 1895 a couple years ago and the scales fell from my eyes...

mackeson

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2016
I grow a beard for a few months once every 3 years or so. Every time, I'm reminded that my 1/2 Irish self has patches missing that don't allow me to grow a 'full' beard.

I know that there are many Irishmen with full beards, my particular genetics don't allow it. I'm guessing that's the culprit since my Italian half of the family seems to have no troubles in that regard.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"Dang, don't any of you guys smile?"
Pipestud, it's very important for pipesmokers to look 'contemplative' when posing with pipes, smiling gives out the wrong impression.
The more dedicated smokers like to pose wearing shades and a hat even though they are indoors :roll:
Regards,
Jay.

Status
Not open for further replies.