Mother Load: Dunhill Bent Bulldog Restoration (pics)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Here is the first of my eight Dunhills to get restored from the Motherload lot I got from my Father In Law. I chose this one first because I am fond of Bulldogs and out of all of the shapes this one was my favorite. The rim was badly burned, but I managed to get most of the rim burn off. There is just a little left. The stem was heavily oxidized but that has also been remedied. So after the deoxidation, buffing, stripping of the wax and grime and a rewax here is my new beauty. Now to decide what shall be the inaugural bowl. This is my very first Dunhill.

The before shot:

Side view with a couple of the others before:

All clean and ready to smoke!

wilson

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2013
A really nice pipe and a nice job on the clean-up. Nightcap is calling.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Dave:
That DH Rhodesian caught my eye when you first posted this windfall. (I really try my damnedest not to covet pipes around here, but this burner is so classically beautiful that I'm fighting off the green-eyed monster.) If you ever decide that it no longer buzzes your buttons, just shoot me a PM, okay?
Your f-i-l is still my choice for the 2014 "Pipe Hero of the Year" award. It's more than obvious that he thinks pretty highly of you.
Fnord

gregprince

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2014
Very nice restore, I like to see crisp stampings after a restore. I've seen too many buffed carelessly. As voorhees suggests, she's calling for some Dunhill.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I filled my MM Morgan with some Nightcap in your honor as I read this thread. Nice work cleaning that 'dog' up!

Let us know just what a smoking machine that puppy is!

Status
Not open for further replies.