PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

stosho

Might Stick Around
Aug 10, 2013
I am excited to share the results of a lot I purchased yesterday. It includes a Silver Duke, a few Smokemaster Bards, Carey, Thermolite, and some unnamed pipes that will need some help identifying. The prizes were a Wally Frank meer smoked but still with the bag and box and a box set of the gold metal Koolsmoke with interchangeable bowls. It included the box.
I purchased these from the same woman who sold me a Bruken carved horsehead pipe,a Walley Frank, and Asselta pipe. I decided the tastes in pipes of her late husband were quite discerning so I made an offer on the whole collection including two nice racks. He must have been quite the smoker so some of these will take some cleaning. I plan to flip a good number of my pipes. I am just getting more than I will ever smoke. I have to admit that I enjoy the smoking but at the early stages of collecting I find myself simply appreciating the pipes as folk art and craftsmanship. That is why the Brylon Medico haunts me so.
I'll get some pictures up when I get home.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
Stosho: don't be too hasty to sell off the extra pipes, I would smoke them all at least once or twice, you might find some real good burners in amongst the rest of the herd.
Just my 2 cents.

stosho

Might Stick Around
Aug 10, 2013
These are the pipes I picked up this week. I am partially bragging and partially sharing with the only people I know that appreciate the pride in discovering a box of pipes a stranger slobbered on for many years.

This is a close up of the Koolsmoke set.
I will likely start cleaning with these. The briar is labeled as made in Italy. The stem has a label that says Squire. If you know anything about those it would give me something to contemplate as I clean them up.
Thanks for caring.

Status
Not open for further replies.