PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aggravatedfarmer

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
This is to my knowledge the only review of this blend here. I grabbed 6 ounces recently to give it a try. Autumn always gives me the push to enjoy smokey blends with notes of bourbon or whiskey. I hoped this would fit the bill.
This is a bulk purchase and to my knowledge, only available as so. I put all the bag contents in a mason jar and sealed it up for a couple hours. Upon opening the tin and putting my sniffer down towards the blend I took a nice slow sniff. Very English like characteristics with a pleasant soft bourbon aroma. Immediately I thought of Frog Morton cellar. I chose a new, but slightly broken in Peterson Aran 264 Lumberman. I've smoked only Royal Yacht out of it and thought there will be no ghosting to impede this first bowl. It took one match and I was swept away into the sleepy fall afternoon in the bean field (mans gotta work). The top note of bourbon took center staged and was very inviting. The Latakia and Turkish tobacco's were present, but not overtaking. As mid bowl approached the bourbon taste was only achievable at slow sips, often when the pipe did not feel hot. However, in my opinion this is an English blend with a top note of bourbon, not a bourbon blend of English style tobacco's. Both intermediate sips of bourbon taste then to English is very rewarding. Towards the bottom of the bowl the English side of this blend over takes. The Latakia is nice and smokey and I thought I tasted the burley and Virginia more so here. Upon finishing the bowl I had very fine white ash with just a bit of grey. Very little dottle remained as well. The nice surprise to me was the slight tingling in the back of my throat as if I just finished a final swallow of bourbon.
Final thoughts. This is a fantastic blend for English purest to enjoy. Aromatic fans would certainly enjoy the top note. And this would certainly make any bourbon lover giddy. 5 out of 5 in my opinion. I would like to thank Moonshine Pipe Co. And Russ Oullete for creating this blend. This is definetly a big hit in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.