Monte Verde pipes

(4 posts)
  • Started 3 years ago by aggravatedfarmer
  • Latest reply from aggravatedfarmer
  1. aggravatedfarmer

aggravatedfarmer

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

From what I have gathered, they are an offshoot from Preben Holmes. As far as that, I know nothing. Can someone clue me in more on them?

Posted 3 years ago #
  2. tobyducote

NOLA Cajun

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Never heard of them

Posted 3 years ago #
  3. mlaug

mlaug

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

The Monte Verdi line was indeed a pipe style offered by Holm. It usually features heavily blasted and rusticated briar and smaller group sizes than some of his other lines. Some refer to this line as a "second", but it provided an outlet for briar that had flaws and therefore unsuitable his other lines. Holm marketed many different lines featuring a variety of finishes in both stains and carvings and this is merely one of those. The ones I own are good pipes and smoke well. The blast finish is very interesting to look at and the tactile sensations make it fun to hold.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." - Claire Wolfe
    Posted 3 years ago #
  4. aggravatedfarmer

aggravatedfarmer

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I saw one for sale on eBay, thought about putting a bid on it. Looked fancy.

Posted 3 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   anthonyrosenthal74, admiral, cohibajoe, carolinachurchwarden, charf, didimauw, bazungu