PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lostandfound

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 30, 2011
Hey guys, how've you all been?
Quick question- I recently acquired a new job, and my employer pays us with a Mastercard "Money Network" pay roll card. Can I use this to place an order with smokingpipes.com?
I'd truly appreciate a response from anyone who has experience here.
PS. I spoke to someone at smokingpipes.com, but she didn't seem to know what I was talking about, so I'm here.
Thank you much.

chagovatoloco

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 19, 2013
I believe you can opt-out of the card thing and require a check. From what I understand your money sits in a interest bearing account which benefits the employer not the employee.

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
Mine offers this but only if you don't have an account to auto deposit to

I heard it costs $1 a transaction too

But I also heard the ones my company uses doesn't always work "anywhere you can use a credit card"

wnghanglow

Mar 25, 2012
As Chris said, they can not force you to use the card, I would switch to check or direct deposit. As for if the card will work, no ideal, if it doesn't you can buy a ore paid credit card at wallmart.

lostandfound

Sep 30, 2011
Thanks for the replies Gentlemen. Planning to order some Escudo, Abingdon, Cut Virginia Plug, and... Now I've forgot. It was a mild English to offset the Abingdon; I want to say Westminster(spell), but I also want to say it was Frog Morton of some kind. Either way, it was a mild English. Any suggestions seeing as how that's still up in the air? FYI I'm very much drawn to 'ye olde world style classics (Aren't we all?).

ciderguy

Can't Leave
May 30, 2013
I heard it costs $1 a transaction too. But I also heard the ones my company uses doesn't always work "anywhere you can use a credit card"
Sounds annoying. Can you opt-in to direct deposit?
It looks like you can withdraw cash from an ATM and some are no-fee. If I couldn't get direct deposit, I'd find a convenient free ATM, withdraw all of it every payday, and then deposit cash into my bank account. Then you can use the debit card from the bank that will work everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.