PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

smokingcricket

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 17, 2018
I have some Mac baren off that's about a year old that came in a ton with a broken seal and was dried out.CD sent a new one and I moisten the dry and jarred both together.The last time I smoked it the flake I pulled out when held at an angle sparkled from sugar crystals.I just went to smoke and it's got little white things on it.Mold?

smokingcricket

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 17, 2018

smokingcricket

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 17, 2018
Ah screw it I'm gonna scrape it pack it light it and see how it taste it might even enhance it to where people try to get the same amount and type of mold because it makes it taste like penzanze or whatever.

When I first detected the mold of the Haddos, I had already smoked quite a bit of it. It was on the small bits of perique, which I just assumed, since it was really old stuff, that it might have been sugar on the perique parts. But, then I started coughing a little, a smokers hack at night. I had, had maybe six bowls of it in two days. Then when I looked at it closer, the mold had moved to every leaf, but the Virginias were so light and tan when I first opened it, that I didn't see them until the leaf had gotten a little oxygen and darkened up a little. It is heart wrenching. Loosing the Blackpool was sad, but losing the Haddos... it just means so much to me. :cry:

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
OK, here's your picture:
img_20180518_143906.jpg

It's difficult to tell if there's mold, as there's a bit of camera shake going on here, making everything a bit fuzzy anyways, mold or not. But, those white patches could be a problem.
Don't let the tobacco get too moist (it should be pliable, but just shy of crumbly) and keep an eye on it. You are looking for fuzzy, hairy growth, probably white, but possible green/blue.

smokingcricket

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 17, 2018
Not fuzzy but chalky and in streaks.Im gonna set it in the closet and forget it for a year.If it's ok then I'll some it,this gives me an excuse to buy a box.Thankst

josephcross

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
Do the white parts have a bit of sparkle to it. I usually grab a flash light and check and see if it shines a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.