PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
This comes so wet that I'm considering bringing the moisture down of the entire tin before smoking it. I remember that it was wet in the first tin I smoked, leaving it that way and not regretting that decision in the smoke. The moisture is so high that it rivals fresh St. James Flake. Is this the way it is intended to be smoked? If so, for what reason? Thank you for your help!

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
This is one of my favorite blends, and I agree that it comes moist; probably because steam is used during the pressing process. I always let mine dry out a while before smoking it.
If you read the reviews, you'll see that it is common to dry it out a bit: http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/7911/mac-baren-hh-latakia-flake

delro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2015
I let mine sit out for maybe 25min it smokes just fine

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I think it's a combination of the blender's process and, at times, a belief that the tobacco smokes better at a certain moisture level. I feel a moderate amount of moisture is right for most blends and can't really understand why SG and MB would release tobacco at either extreme, except perhaps as a way to avoid an extra step. Maybe I'll email that guy from MB who has been so forthcoming about MB's processes.

phxrock

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2014
How does cube cutting this flake smoke? After a.bit of drying time. Been doing this with luxury Navy flake gotten good results.
John

Status
Not open for further replies.