Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

macaroon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 2, 2015
Michigan
Happened upon an impressively thorough, 40 min documentary on from Modern Marvels that covers a very broad range of topics related to tobacco: cigarettes, cigars, pipes and pipe tobacco, smokeless tobacco, nicotine, smoking cessation, how they are all made, and the very interesting history related to each. I found it to be quite informative, and I believe they did a very good job of looking at this often contentious topic through an objective lens, simply stating facts and leaving any judgment to the viewer. There are also segments from interviews with folks from a tobacco farm, a handmade cigar company, a pipe maker, and Cornell & Diehl. If you have some time to kill, I very much recommend taking a look. Enjoy, and let me know what you think!
P.S. Please don't be turned off by the stupid title and video thumbnail. This is a Modern Marvels video posted by an independent YouTube user.
Check it out here

macaroon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 2, 2015
Michigan
The possible harm caused by smoking cigarettes is certainly addressed, sure. That's a pretty important aspect of the product. And though folks may interpret what they see differently, I did not perceive them to be condemning tobacco itself as "evil." And it certainly doesn't take up 20 full minutes. But you are certainly allowed to not like the video. Sorry you didn't find it interesting.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
macaroon, I said PRIMARILY concerned. That is different from saying it takes up 20 full minutes. However, the dangers of smoking is repeated throughout the length of the documentary.
I did watch the entire documentary and I did not say it was not interesting. There were definitely some interesting information in there.

macaroon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 2, 2015
Michigan
Very well, that's fair. Health concerns certainly remain a bit of a theme throughout the video, so I see how it could get old even if it didn't happen to bother me personally. We hear enough about all that as it is! So I apologize for jumping on you, there, pappy, I just don't want folks who may otherwise enjoy the video scared off because they think it'll just be a bunch of propaganda. It was not my intention to share anything preachy!

Status
Not open for further replies.