PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

beastkhk

Can't Leave
Feb 3, 2015
So I just got home to find my TAD waiting for me, and with my most current purchase I included some MM cobs.
One of which was a Legend bent. Upon inspection of the chamber, it appears that either the draft hole wasn't drilled all the way through, or the shank was inserted and glued upside down. I am leaning towards the latter, it is hard to get a well lit picture, but the way the end of the shank has splinters pointing upwards makes me think that they did drill all the way through.
I will try to place a picture below, but this is my first time so bear with me.
I guess I would have to ask for input on how to handle this one? Has anyone been able to successful return or exchange a pipe?(I feel like tobacco is all sales final, but I don't know if that applies to pipes too)
One of my concerns would be if I end up having to pay return freight, it will cost almost as much as the what I paid for the pipe.
And I wouldn't hold this against MM, they make great products which is why I ordered them in the first place. I am just the kind of person that needs to build an action plan in my mind for resolution and since we are going into the weekend I won't be able to get into contact with P&C or MM, :) but I know people will be on the forum.
img_10092-600x448.jpg

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Nope, just a lousy job of cleaning out the leftover wood after it was mitered a quick cleaning with a pipe knife will knock it loose, or a pen knife if thicker.

banjo

beastkhk

Can't Leave
Feb 3, 2015
Thank you sir. Your comment has instilled enough confidence in me to successfully perform a little surgery.
Pipe saved!

Status
Not open for further replies.