PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshwolftree

Part of the Furniture Now
So I just got the 10 Pipe Grab Bag of Smokable Seconds from Missouri Meerschaum...awesome delivery time ordered Saturday morning got them Monday in the mail and I can't beat 10 cobs for 37 and change at the chain B&M (and as discussed in the beginners forums their selling me cheap cobs that blow out quick) There were a couple of doubles but that not any big deal to me...couple of them have some ding's around the rims (again no big deal) all in all a good haul.

I hate the way my phone extends the post when it posts pictures and can't wait to light one up while I'm resizing so heres the picture on Imgur

Well time to pack one up and see how they smoke for me :puffy:

Jul 15, 2011
The bag of Seconds that I got was way awesome. I nabbed a Country Gentleman and a General out of the deal, as well as quite a few smaller cobs that are officially "work" pipes. I agree, for the price you just cant beat them. Glad you like yours! Enjoy!

joshwolftree

It was a good deal may have to do another one here soon just to up the variety a bit. or maybe just get a nice polished bent pipe MacArthur. Haven't decided yet or hell order both and probably wind up with three MacArthurs in the bag :lol:

Jul 15, 2011
I got the grab bag a few months ago and I think there are two or three pipes I still havent smoked. Ive dedicated a couple of the smaller pipes to MacBaren 7 Seas Red since that blend ghosts my briars pretty bad, so I like to have a couple of pipes at the ready for that particular blend.

mick

Can't Leave
Aug 13, 2012
If I were you, I would first get rid of those wretched paper filters in each cob.
Sweet that you got a Country Gentleman. My grab bag was similar with a LOT of Legend cobs, but to be honest, they're great for a quick smoke. Happy smoking!

twangthang

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
Agree about the paper filter... Was trying to smoke one of the legends I got in my grab bag and was having problems with the draw and keeping her lit.

Got through half the bowl before I realized the filter was in there.

I took out the filter and the pipe smoked like a champ.

Three pipes into my grab bag of MM seconds and I am loving the cobs.

Cheers

joshwolftree

yeah the filters were yanked from all of them before I loaded one up.

the legend I picked out for the first smoke gave me a nice smooth smoke sans filter I think I'm gonna enjoy the cob's now that I have some good ones

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
Just picked up a bag of these for myself. Plenty of decent pipes in there. I removed the spool and am keeping it for myself, since I don't have one yet. The others I'll probably pass on to people while camping or out and about and people inquire about pipe smoking.

hans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2012
You guys have convinced me to do this. Here's to hoping i can get some decent variety out of them.

kasbah

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 26, 2012
Hmmm... My friends have shown interest in pipes ever since I attributed my quitting of cigarettes to them. Rather that obliging them when they ask for a puff from my pipe perhaps I'll just order a grab bag or two and toss them around with some 1Q.

joshwolftree

they are cheap,ugly, and they still smoke. My four times a day work smoke is out of a grab bag pipe. Don't car if it gets damaged in a pocket with lighter tamper and knife and other random stuff. Plus you get a weekly rotation+ a couple,right out of the bag.

hans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2012
Put in my order tonight. Hope my special lady doesn't get mad haha!

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
The grab bag sounds like an awesome idea. Definitely a better idea to keep a few on hand rather than offer a puff or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.