PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
Hey folks. As some of you know I have been experimenting with raw leaf tobacco. I got to the end of a couple of pounds of Virginia Flue Cured and it had become quite dry. Today I got my meager order of tobacco from P&C which included 1/2 pounf C&D Night Train, 1/2 pound of H&H Louisianna Red, and a sample of SG Kendal Plug. Looking at the Night Train and Kendal Plug got me thinking that making a pressed tobacco with my scraps had to be done. So I packed a bowl of LA Red(amazing smoke btw.), crumbled all my leftovers and destemmed. Mixed up a tasty sauce(I tasted it. It was good,lol). Sprayed the half pound or so of crumbled scraps and stuck it in a bag. Then I placed it between 2 boards and used a shop press to press it into a cake/plug. Here is the results. After 1 week or 2 of dry time and 6 months in a jar to cure, it should be some prime, home made smoke. I will be giving most of it away to my PM buddies. I will be buying more raw leaf in the near future to play around with. If any of you are adventurous, and want to try any of this you can get whole leaf online for really cheap. Message me for the site information as I don't think its fair to our sponsors for me to post their URL. Happy smoking :puffy:
2012-09-08182505.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.