PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mromagna

Lurker
Aug 4, 2014
I've never had a Corn Cob pipe before but ran across a MM cob pipe today at a market that I found interesting. I brought it home and went to look it up on line so I could clean it but couldn't find it on their site. Any one know what this is or where to begin taking it apart to clean it?
Thanks.

Matt

mromagna

Lurker
Aug 4, 2014
mm-top-600x337.jpg

mm-side-600x337.jpg

bulldogbriar89

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2014
thats a beautiful pipe, if you can take out the metal part take it out to clean it if not put some high proof alcohol (drinkable alcohol) on a cloth and clean it out then i would run a pipe cleaner through the stem and I would wipe down the mouth pice good with the alcohol.

mromagna

Lurker
Aug 4, 2014
Bulldog Im not sure it comes out and II dont want to force it and crack the cob.
Peck, I have no Idea but i hope not, Did MM produce this pipe as is or did someone add on?

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
Missouri Meerschaum pipes have a sticker on the bottom of the bowl. I haven't seen one with a metal insert bowl like yours. Call them tomorrow and ask them about it.
tinner

mromagna

Lurker
Aug 4, 2014
Code:
Its definitely a MM, Has the sticker on the bottom.

I'll have to drop them a line with the pic. I did manage to get the insert out. I got it for 1.00 so nothing ventured....at least I snagged a Dr.G Duke with it for a grand total of 5.00. My area seems to be littered with estate Dr. G's.

jeepnewbie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
Byron
www.facebook.com
I have a few MM, and seen a few older ones. I never seen a MM with a metal insert like that either. I agree with the leaving that part out, didn't see a screw holding it in. May of been a cheap pipe metal piece someone added in at one point to make the pipe last longer.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
Peck's right. If it were me I would throw the pipe away. You don't know what has been smoked in it.

mromagna

Lurker
Aug 4, 2014
I though it may have been a Aristicob knock off. It was just a curious piece and for a buck i got to play with it a bit. Ill clean it up and throw it in the collection, not sure ill take a chance and smoke it. It will go on the end with the rest of the "What the Hell" pipes!

Status
Not open for further replies.