PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelp

Lurker
Aug 9, 2012
'ello Gents. Has anyone ever purchased the grab back from MM (corncobpipe.com)? They say the ship at least 10 smoke able seconds, and for quite a few reviews I saw that you can get more than 10. I realize it is somewhat luck of the draw for what you get, but was curious for first hand knowledge of how those can go. Thank you for your time!

waznyf

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Texas
Never ordered the grab bag but I'd hurry to find them because MM is low on cobs this year as are all corn cob farmers. Someone on YouTube said that they went to buy some larger cobs from aristocob.com and they were all sold out.

I believe what I heard is that most of the cobs are too small for large pipe production not to mention there are fewer than usual. Sooooo maybe you could manage to get a smaller pipe of theirs.

kelp

Lurker
Aug 9, 2012
Yea I bought the Country Gentleman with a bent stem. Depending on how I like it I wanted to know if getting more by ordering the grab bag was a good/smart deal.

wolfie90

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 10, 2012
Huntington wv
I think it sounds like a great deal, your ruffly paying only 3 dollars per pipe. Me and my dad plan on picking up a bag this week and splitting it.

tiltjlp

Can't Leave
Apr 9, 2011
Cheviot Ohio
I recently ordered a grab bag, and requested as many bents as possible. I got 7 bents and 3 straights, which I gifted to a friend. Of the 10 pipes, 8 were Prides, Washingtons, or Legends, one was a very thick-walled Diplomat, and the other was a thin-walled Country Gentleman. Other than a bad stain job on the Country Gentleman, I couldn't see any reason why they were considered seconds.

tiltjlp

Can't Leave
Apr 9, 2011
Cheviot Ohio
No, they don't take requests. What Marilyn said was that she'd tell the people who fill the orders that I'd prefer bents. I don't know if they felt to see which bag had mostly bents, or if I simply got lucky.

bdstansel

Starting to Get Obsessed
My order has arrived.
I got one Legend, bent.
The grab bag contained (All straights):
1 - Eaton

1 - Missouri Pride

2 - Ozark Mountain Hardwoods

2 - Pony Express

3 - Legends

1 - Washington
Retail price on that lot would have been: $49.90 a relative bargain at only $29.95!
Some look a little more rough than others but nothing terrible. The two hardwoods have a small chip off the stem where it was pressed into the bowl, I doubt this will affect the smoking of them.

dsturg369

Can't Leave
May 9, 2009
Augusta, GA
Seems like the more these Grab Bags are mentioned, the contents are becoming the smaller model pipes and more repeats. I want to pull the trigger on one of these but going to wait to see a few more bags and the contents mentioned. Regardless however, the price is still Awesome!

bdstansel

Starting to Get Obsessed
p8220113-600x450.jpg

Correction, not ALL straights, the hardwoods are bent.
This is not the best shot, as flash did not fire...

Aug 1, 2012
Mine had
4-bent Legends

3-straight Legends

2-Eatons marked "Missouri Moonshine Crown Valley Distilling"

1-straight Country Gentleman
They all had cosmetic flaws and 2 were cracked but not all the way through.
I also bought a bent Diplomat apple and that is one nice cob.
Sou

Status
Not open for further replies.