PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

trailspike48

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 15, 2013
I've been watching this group of pipes on Ebay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/321069746306?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 I planned on submitting my offer in the last few second. I know some members consider snipping to be a bad thing, but I determine my high bid and submit it late so some other bidder can't change their mind and their high bid. Anyway I have been running a gas line today to add propane service to my house and so I wasn't in front of my computer when this auction ended. Maybe I wouldn't have been the high bid, but I would have had a good chance considering the final bid. Argh! Somebody got a great deal, I hope they are a member here. Congrats to the winner.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Holy shit, what a freaking deal. Anyone of those pipes is worth the final bid alone never mind all three. I can see why you would be totally pissed. I know for myself that when I am unsure of whether I will be around to snipe a pipe, I will throw up my high bid in advance so at least I have a shot at it. Sorry for your loss, that one stings I am sure.

trailspike48

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 15, 2013
It totally suks. I have a large Ser Jac and I can get two plus hours on one bowl with very few relights. The Jac is the one that caught my eye, and the other two were whip cream on top. This is going to sting for a while.

yadan

Can't Leave
Dec 23, 2012
Central Galilee, Israel
Sorry for your loss, but there will be other great deals!

And there's nothing immoral, underhanded or dirty about sniping - it's legal and can be done by any bidder.

Personally, I think it adds to the excitement of a purchase; you just need to learn how to do it effectively.

vespertillio

Can't Leave
Jul 9, 2012
Always bid the highest you want to bid and do it at the last second if possible. That way you know you tried your best.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
Sorry for your loss, but there will be other great deals!

And there's nothing immoral, underhanded or dirty about sniping - it's legal and can be done by any bidder.
Totally agree. A person wouldn't feel bad at an auction when the auctioneer says going once going twice, gooonn... then someone ups the bid. Thats the nature of the game. No problem there at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.