PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
Just visited Pipesandcigars.com for a couple things.
1.5 oz tin of The Smoker, Wise Fox. Sounds interesting so I thought I'd give it whirl. Would love to know if anyone here as tried it and what they thought.
8 oz tin of Brigadier Black, Bull Run. Although not a huge fan of Gettysburg (but it's not terrible and I'll smoke a bit from time to time), Alamo is pretty darn good. Bull Run sounds like a winner to me. Will still have to try Waterloo at some point.
Black House 4 oz bulk. What can I say? I love this stuff. As a newbie pipe smoker, it was one of the first blends I tried and I fell in love at first puff.... well honestly I think I fell in love when I first opened a tin of the stuff. One of these days I'm going to have to order a couple pounds to put back. I've come close to running out a couple times, and I don't think I ever want to be without it.
Well there you have it. It's not much, but it will do for now. Slowly.... very slowly building a cellar lol. And now the waiting begins, which is the hard part.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Haven't tried any of The Smoker remakes, but Wise Fox (had to look it up) sounds interesting. Burley as the base for a Latakia blend was much more common, it seems, before the second world war. I've had a couple of blends like that from C&D and they were a really nice change of pace -- didn't fatigue the palate the way that VA-based latakia blends can.
Let us know how you like the Wise Fox.
Crowley's Best -- that was it: burley, Perique and Latakia. Good stuff.

pipingruotsi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 6, 2013
+1 on the Black House. I'm planning on stocking up on that one at some point too.
I preferred Alamo to Bull Run, but YMMV. Like you, I wasn't a huge fan of Gettysburg. I sent most of the tin to my sister and kept just a little for when an odd mood strikes. I do like the Waterloo. For me, it seems to come alive mid-bowl to the end. Unfortunately, I'm a little susceptible to tongue bite from straight burley. So I usually have a small bowl and sip slowly, but that's just me.
The Smoker blends look interesting to me and I'm looking forward to what you think. I'm a fan of the old-timey lat blends. House of Windsor Barking Dog was good (and P&C's match is good too) and Hearth and Home Beverwyck is similar. Great cool-smoking interesting tabacs.

Jan 8, 2013
Black House (the only lat blend I've smoked) is my favorite blend that I've smoked so far, so I figured I'd give another lat blend a try. Wise Fox sounded interesting to me. I like burley (most of my blends are burley based)and I like the lat in Black House. Seems like an easy decision for me lol. I'll definitely let you know what I think of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.