Midnight Ride

(7 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by The Pipe Monk
  • Latest reply from grimpuffer
  1. disinformatique

The Pipe Monk

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I've been smoking Midnight Ride for over a month. It's a fantastic blend of Latakia, Orientals, Perique and Virginia. It has now started to open up, thin tendrils of sugar hitting the tongue at just the right time. The Orientals giving you a tender sour note and the perique keeping the blend grounded while Latakia gives it legs.

It opens fully just the moment it hits the 75% bowl mark (in a Peterson 999) and keeps going till it hits the last 10%. Definitely a keeper.

I would love to know your experience with this one.

Cheers,
    Chris

Albert Einstein was once quoted as saying, “I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” One of the reasons behind this statement is that pipe smoking is meant to be a slow leisurely activity. It takes patience to smoke a pipe. Unlike cigarettes and cigars, there is a certain amount of technique to smoking a pipe. Where cigars and cigarettes can just be picked up, lit and puffed on, pipes require the development of a technique in order to get the best smoking experience.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  2. bnichols23

Bill Nichols

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Sounds like a definite winner, Monk; got all the good elements. I'll make a note on that one. Where'd you pick it up at?

Bil

Head Black Frigate keelhauler, boss powder monkey, & troublemaker 1st class.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  3. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Just a notion ... also try it in an especially broad bowl like a pot, diplomat, author, etc. It sounds like it would open out nicely in those too, maybe even more-so.

Posted 1 year ago #
  4. mrenglish

mrenglish

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I used to smoke this one quite a bit. They nailed it, especially when there is some age on it.

Michael
    Posted 1 year ago #
  5. disinformatique

The Pipe Monk

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

@bil I'm in India and luckily the tobacco and pipes importer got his hands on Dan Tobacco's catalog for this year. It's also available on SmokingPipes.com, currently out of stock but hopefully it will be back.

@mso I'll smoke in the shapes you mentioned and report back.

@mrenglish I got the bulk version this time, but will cellar around 10 tins when my tobacco guy imports some.

Cheers,
    Chris

Posted 1 year ago #
  6. bnichols23

Bill Nichols

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Ah, good, tnx large f/t info! I'll make a note to keep an eye out.

Posted 1 year ago #
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

grimpuffer

Login to Send PM

This is one of those blends that I’ve had on my must try list.

I forget about it and when I remember it’s sold out everywhere.

Going to head to SP and pick up a tin if it’s in stock. Glad I saw this thread.

Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   odobenus, craig61a, disinformatique, condorlover1