PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Hi folks,
I have just posted my reviews of the Just for Him Middle-Earth Pipeweed Series to LuxuryTobaccoReviews.com.
I hope you enjoy them and find them useful.
This is what I used to smoke them in:
trg-white-ringed-volcano.png

Links to Just for Him Middle-Earth Pipeweed Series.

Longbottom Leaf

Old Toby

Treebeard

Shortcut To Mushrooms

Ruins Of Isengard

portascat

Lifer
Jan 24, 2011
Happy Hunting Grounds
Actually smoking some Treebeard at the moment.
For me, the Isengard is the shining star, the Old Toby the most forgettable. Haven't smoked the Longbottom, but would concur on the other two.
Good review.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
For me , the only one I plan to order more of is Treebeard. That one i liked a lot. The others were good but not all that good for my tastes.

clanobucklin

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 19, 2010
Sounds great ... I will check out the reviews...I love all the blends you posted. Now check out Black Magic Woman and Whisky Biscuit and Gravy...also awesome in their own ways.

mukihr

Might Stick Around
Jun 27, 2011
Lawrence - thanks for this review - i have tried all of them from the same series and more or less i can say that the review is right on target (IMHO).. best regards, daniel

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Thanks again Gentlemen.

I try to be honest.

I really believe Mr. Bob Schafer has done a magnificent job creating all of these blends.

Some to me were near misses, but hey they are quite tasty.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
I've only smoked the Shortcut To Mushrooms and think it is amazing. Click my link there and look what I put in the description for flavoring. (Sometimes when you are doing tedious data entry, you need to have a little fun.
Thanks for taking the time to post those reviews and link them up Lawrence.

clanobucklin

Jan 19, 2010
One of the reasons I like these forums is - it is always exciting to read a "Eureka" kind of an experience. Lawrence based on your review on "Old Toby" I immediately went out and smoked a bowl (as I had some stashed).
Here are my impressions:
Vanilla...Check

Grass...Grass? You mean like pot? Or mowed grass?...hmmm...grumble grumble...balderdash! Hmmm exhale through the nose...Okay! There it is! ... Check

Perique...Check (uh, sort of - got to be the lightest touch of this spice I have ever encountered in a blend.

Multi Layered... with flavors of hickory and whisky...Check!

Cool smoking...yup! Check and double Check!

Overall - I like this blend a lot and glad I had the foresight to order 4 ounces from the sample they sent me. Old Toby goes perfect with a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. Salud Amici!

seanz

May 8, 2011
Southland NZ
hmm will have to see if they mail to nz as i love lotr. in fact i have been looking at ways to get on the hobbit. did some extra work an lotr and that was cool!! even got my ugly mug on the screen( if only for a few seconds but hey its there)

nbpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2011
Shortcut to Mushrooms and Ruins of Isengard were my favourites. Treebeard was decent in the sample pack, but when I re-ordered an ounce of it, it didn't seem the same. Then again, I might have mixed it up with Longbottom Leaf. Old Toby was my least favourite.
Just as a side note, if you are planning on trying them, don't go with the sample pack. Instead buy an ounce of each, it only costs about $6.00 more and you get a much larger sample than the sample pack provides.
Either way, you can't go wrong with these blends.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Yeah... not dissing samplers but.. it's simple math. There's another "sampler" from one of our beloved sponsors, and it's $3 more just for the honor of adding (4) 50g tins to your cart lol
I get the feeling from your review that you didn't like Treebeard so much? But still gave it a solid 4/5?
You didn't say you didn't like it, but I'm trying to read in between the lines because you talked more about movies and drinks than the tobacco lol.
Do you still stand by that review?

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
Thanks for the reviews Lawrence ... I think I need to give Treebeard a try.
I'm tempted to order Longbottom Leaf and Old Toby just because they're smoked in Lord of the Rings.
Only one I've tried is Shortcut to Mushrooms and it is very good. :puffy:

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
I was thinking of sampling the entire series now that I know its $6 more to get about double the smoking enjoyment I am placing my order. As soon as I get Paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.