PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Update on my Parks commission. I feel a bit like an expectant father seeing the early sonograms of the baby. Looks perfect thus far.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Looking good, Nate
The long wait which feels interminable just adds to pleasure of the package finally being received.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
That's exactly what I continue to tell myself Allan... as time grinds to a standstill. Tis times like these I appreciate Einstein and relativity. I really wish I could somehow forget and have it suddenly show up one random day, but I am not wired that way. Even so, I've enjoyed the commission process and will be doing this every year.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Well CM, I've yet to be officially sworn in due to a lack of sponsorship and my "attitude problems" and propensity for "public nudity"... but we'll see.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Well CM, I've yet to be officially sworn in due to a lack of sponsorship and my "attitude problems" and propensity for "public nudity"... but we'll see.
We only do public nudity on holidays. Btw, is the meteorite going to be a shank accent, or part of the stem?
Looks great so far, and reminds me that next month will be my annual Weaver commission!

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
He chose a great block for you that can't make anything less than an gorgeous pipe. :clap:

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
CM, the meteorite Squat Bulldog is the next one :( due to deliver in early 2017. This one is a lg Diplomat with a thick Mammoth bone collar done with a partial blast. I've made this an annual thing with Parks as well. I love the idea of having something to look forward to every year.
BP, you can tell that from the photo? I tried to look but just don't have enough experience with this to judge anything.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
Yep. It's tough to see through the mill marks but you can see the orientation and character within the chamber. That said, it doesn't take much debris to throw off a good block and he still has a lot to trim. Imho don't set your expectations unrealistically high but the worst case is you walk away with a merely average Parks Pipe...so yeah...you're pretty well covered.

lohengrin

Lifer
Jun 16, 2015
I appreciate Parks' ability and design and the accuracy in the project and the drawings on the block shown in these pictures confirm it. Show more photos when they come, it will be useful for an amateur pipemaker like me!

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Once I actually receive the pipe I'll post a beginning to end of the entire process with his photographs. This has been an interesting experience!

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Rox, we actually haven't chosen a color yet. I was leaving that detail to Michael. It will be a combo blast with a thick collar of mammoth bone. I forwarded your comment to him just now to see what he thought. Thank you for the advice!!

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Looking good so far Nate. Must be exciting to watch it finally taking shape. Keep us posted. :puffy:

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Those photos were just of my fav pipe, a 5128 Dunhill. I asked him to make his version of the shape. I specified shape, size, and accents. The rest his up to him. I completely trust his artistic vision with those choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.