Michael Parks Commission, Beginning To End (PIC HEAVY)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
My Michael Parks Mammoth Banded Diplomat with matching Mammoth Tamper is complete! Here's the photos, beginning to end. It has been an awesome journey and end result is just so over the top amazing I'm speechless!!

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Holy crap!
What a wonderful set. I hope it smoked wonderfully, and for years to come.
-- Pat

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Nate what can I say... the grain is great, but the shape, oh the shape, it is one of the best I've seen. Are you going to sleep with it under your pillow to establish a close relationship with it? Ok, I've said too much... :oops:

Jun 4, 2014
Amazing just doesn't seem to be discriptive enough! The both came out fantastic! I'm glad I could play a little part in making it come together for you!

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Lol I'll likely sleep with it, yes!! It's so far beyond anything I hoped for that I'm speechless, a rarity! Im so stunned by it that I'm already stoked for the next one! It's another year plus away! Doing one per year is all I can afford and it makes it that much more special, something to look forward to and savor.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Yearly commissions? I seem to remember someone giving me hell about an "Artisan Kabal" not long ago. Hmmmm. :mrgreen: Let us know the details when you get to smoke that beauty. Awesome score Nate!

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Yeah CM, I still believe in the Artisan Cabal :) I just loved Parks work and the entire commission process. Not being able to work, it's nice to have something to look forward to all year, something to differentiate one year from the last. For me, this was the year of The Diplomat. Next year will be the year of the Space Dog. We do what we must to make our lives not only tolerable, but interesting. I do still love a Dunhill pipe!! For this diplomat and the Space Dog, both were inspired/based upon specific Dunhill pipes. This will never change ;)

lincolnsbark

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2013
I was scrolling down through the photos thinking to myself "nice, nice, nice looking pipe." Then I got to the picture of the birdseye on the bottom of the pipe and actually said "wow" to myself out loud. Gorgeous pipe, congratulations.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Just giving you a good ribbing brother. My annual Weaver is my birthday present to me each year. As for Dunhill, now that I've been bitten by the zulu bug, may have to get one.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I'm totally with you on the Zulu!! I've found myself slowly gravitating towards one as well. It's one of those weird personal aesthetic sensibilities for which there's no accounting. Some things just appeal.
Lincoln, I had that exact same reaction!! Thanks!
Thanks everyone! This is one of those pipes I drool over online or in the magazine, but never thought I'd own one. I'm just giddy! Glad I've got you guys to show it because nobody else I know would care one bit. It's nice to have others who share in a passion!

Status
Not open for further replies.