PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2014
wv
Just a reminder for all you night owls. 11/17-11/18 is prime time viewing for the meteor shower.
https://www.timeanddate.com/astronomy/meteor-shower/leonids.html
And if you’re interested in that, then you’ll love this. Prepare to have your mind blown. The most fascinating discussion I’ve seen in years.
Joe Rogan interview featuring Graham Hancock AND Rhandell Carlson: These guys are rewriting history as we know it. “We are a species with amnesia.”
https://youtu.be/aDejwCGdUV8

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
When we finally get an astronomical event that can be viewed in this area the overcast always sets in. No one will ever build an observatory here. There may be one at one of the universities, but just for occasional training. But I will keep this in mind just in case of the rare clear night.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
When you finally corner one of these celestial phenomenon it's magic, almost like you're dreaming.

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
Yep I'll try to catch it as well. I was able to see some nice ones during the Orionid shower once I turned off the farm light. Very calming to look up into eternity waiting for the streaks.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
If you are able to take a global perspsctive of what is happening during a meteor shower it is a truly mind-expanding experience. Thanks for the heads-up on tonight's display. Maybe someone will get lucky and see a bolide (fireball).

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My gimpy device won't open the link. What time is this visible toward the east coast (central N.C.), EST? I might take a look if it stays clear here; it was a cloudless day, but you never can tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.