PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
I just read that the FDA is holding hearings for 60 days to determine wheather or not they will ban menthol cigarettes.I don't smoke cigarettes so this doesn't directly apply to me.Tho my wife does smoke menthol cigarettes.The question at hand is wheather or not menthol is a flavoring.It seems that flavored cigarettes are now now a no-no..My reason for this post is just to point out that big brother once again is acting to maybe to make a decision for us,since they feel that we're not smart enough to decide for ourselves.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
I've read several sources that said flavored tobaccos would be the first to go, I would be very surprised if Aromatic Pipe Tobacco was not targeted very soon. You know; it's for the children!

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
I know these will ultimately become "far reaching" bans, but I know a few people that would quit smoking if they did not make menthol cigarettes. My step daughter is one, she hates regular cigs and smokes too many menthol versions.
I hate to see her smoke those nasty things.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
You know; it's for the children!
It's being discussed up here too for that exact reason. The implication is that if you're against a ban, you hate children. It keeps working, so they keep using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.