PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Going to be good day. Bro is coming down with a clutch master and slave cylinder for my little green Miata, then it's off to the range for a round of Trap or Skeet. I have some cobs ready for the wrenching and some fancy pipes ready for the range. Will need to try the new .410 inserts for my 20ga.
Thanks to Mike msandoval and Fred sparrowhawk's pre-Christmas bounty, bro will get his share of the Gaslight, Abingdon, Full Virginia Flake, Irish Flake, 1792 Flake and more (all also tasty). He can't have either of the new pipes!
It's 45° right now and should top out at 65° - ie perfect weather. Probably some munchies and beers after shooting. I'll take some pics and post them later. Going to be a good day :)

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Shooting and smoking sound fun. Fixing car? You have no idea how happy I was when I finally earned enough money to pay someone else to fix my car.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
@newbie: More Miatas are raced in this country than any other car. I almost became a professional racer; you wouldn't think it was the kid's car if you took a ride with me! Don't let the cuteness fool you; it's a race car with perfect handling and immediate feedback and the greatest car ever made by man. I can outbrake you and outturn you, just not out go you. Add Lightness.
Busting knuckles is fun for me, though I would prefer to be adding naughty bits than replacing dead bits, but that's part of ownership. Here's a pic of what mine would look like it if were clean.
00emerald_zps7eaeeddb.jpg

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
One of the thing I am most looking forward to this Christmas is going out to my wife's parents place. My father in law and I always end up out in the garage working on one of his 4 1950's Internationals. I always like the Miata my buddy had, its a modern version of an old english sportscar. Sadly there is no way I could drive one..... I don't fit in one. lol

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Sounds good to me! Always liked the Miata, and I've skinned many a knuckle over the years working on old Alfa Romeos, MGAs, and MGBs, but I mostly enjoyed it.
Post something on your thoughts about shooting the 410. I've been a fan of that gauge for some time, and like shooting and hunting with them. The down side is that the shells are way more expensive than 12 or 20 ga but the plus side is the empty shells make great pipe tampers! Yeah kinda rednecky I know.... :roll:

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Well I didn't get pics. Mark was late, but little green car really needed both the master and slave cylinders. Master put pressure back in the clutch, but when we pulled the wheel to look at the slave, it's boot fell apart in my hands. Now little sports car shifts better than it ever has. Yay.
We did go to the range to shoot Skeet, but it was getting really dark and Mark's shooting glasses are tinted, and he couldn't see the birdies at all, so we left. Range girl was extremely cute and friendly.
I tried a couple of .410 shots with the inserts, but the shells expanded and got stuck and I couldn't remove them afterwards. Winchester AAs no less. And two misses. It was so dark I didn't get pics of us, which you should be greatful for.
Then we got hot wings and beer and came back to the house. No sister, so Mark fired up In The House! That just opened the door for inside smoking if Judy's not here; awesome. We ate wings, drank beer, flew Flight Simulator X and Mark sampled the Gaslight, Abingdon and Irish Flake. He loved them all.
I pushed the love seat apart and put an end table between them, so we had Man Couches of Doom, and we just smoked and drank and told stories. Pretty much the perfect day: Wrenching, smoking, shooting, drinking and shooting the shit afterwards. Thanks to my buddies Fred sparrowhawk and Mike sandoval (and my bro) for making that happen. Cheers, mates! Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.