PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

apatim

Can't Leave
Feb 17, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
When I first tried Melange, I was unimpressed but after reading a post about it about a week ago I decided to give it another try. The post said that ghosting is an issue with Melange so I pulled out a rarely smoked MM cob one morning, packed in the Melange, poured a fresh ground cup of dark Columbian coffee and meandered out to my patio shortly after sunrise... I gotta say, the combination of the smoke and coffee with the songs of the many birds that visit our feeders and pond made for an absolutely perfect morning.
I have repeated the ritual every morning since and am doing so at this moment on Easter morning.
I hope each of you enjoys a wonderful day!

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
I just read some reviews on this blend and it sounds pretty good. I haven't ventured into the aros as of yet, but this sounds like one worth trying.
You've painted a picture on a ideal morning and I hope you enjoy many more!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have a tin of Melange aging. I will probably assign it a MM cob, to ward off the ghost, though I am not

much of a pipe designator. From a few posts on Forums, it sounds like Melange improves after being

opened for a few days or a week and benefits from a little drying and airing, as some blends do. apatim,

it sounds like you had an expansive Easter morning. Love that birdsong. When I shuffle out to get the

paper, I like to hear the choir. My favorite is the mourning dove, but the whole range of calls is terrific.

I have a bouncy robin that seems to come down to meet me, and the mockingbirds have gone into their

spring mode and really sing up a storm.

petersonson

Might Stick Around
Mar 28, 2013
Cleveland, TN
I've actually been experimenting with other tobaccos like this. Anytime I try something, in whatever pipe, I always try it in my MM cob before I give the final decision. Though if i like it at first smoke then I still try it in the cob, but not for a decision. A lot of the time, a cob makes tobacco that I would normally dislike into something enjoyable.

Status
Not open for further replies.